The Student Room Group

An inspector calls

I just want to know your opinion is on how the Dunne theory relates to an Inspector calls.

the theory of time states that we live in a multi-dimensional world where present past and future all run coherently together. So we can see the reasons behind the choices we make, which means we can see the consequences of them too.
Original post by Nerd_101
I just want to know your opinion is on how the Dunne theory relates to an Inspector calls.

the theory of time states that we live in a multi-dimensional world where present past and future all run coherently together. So we can see the reasons behind the choices we make, which means we can see the consequences of them too.

I do think there is an element of this in An Inspector Calls, and I think it’d be great to write about.

What are your thoughts? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
I do think there is an element of this in An Inspector Calls, and I think it’d be great to write about.

What are your thoughts? :smile:

I think that it nicely links, after all jb was obsessed with it for years before he wrote aic.

I think that the inspector is like an out of body thing, which is why he can see more than our logical brains can process, he can see the 'future' and all the consequences, so he is trying to stop it from happening, ultimately changing fate.

this wasn't put together very well.

Quick Reply

Latest