The Student Room Group

Two languages at degree level?

If you take more than one language in a degree, are your chances of being proficient less in each (as you obviously have half the time in each than you would in one alone) or is it moreso double the work? This would be doing one language post A-level and one ab-nitio. Thanks!
Original post by sophie0602
If you take more than one language in a degree, are your chances of being proficient less in each (as you obviously have half the time in each than you would in one alone) or is it moreso double the work? This would be doing one language post A-level and one ab-nitio. Thanks!

Hey! I do 3 languages as part of my degree, 1 being post A-level and 2 ab-nitio and I find I have plenty of time to do all 3, although I do try to spend more time doing my beginners languages rather than my advanced!
Several people on my ab initio Japanese course are also doing a post A level languag (French or Spanish) and they're finding it really difficult to keep up with the amount of work. Most of them are dropping one of their languages for second year because they're finding it too stressful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending