The Student Room Group

Do Labour Supporters welcome the convergence of Labour and the Communists?

Pretty much everyone knows that Corbyn is a hardcore Marxist, as is McDonnell, but over the past weeks, Labour and the Communist Party (Britain / Great Britain) are getting closer and closer - of course them not fielding candidates means almost nothing as they had an embarrassingly tiny vote share - but Momentum and JC's inner circle does include an increasing number of Communists on his teams.

Labour supporters - are you going along with this? Labour allying itself with extremists?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not at all a Corbyn fan, but he isn't a Marxist. He's just the best man on the UK political stage for them right now - he's much further left than most of the recent Labour leaders.

Most of Labour is not allying itself with extremists. Why not look to the Conservatives for extremism instead - the ones in a minority government with the DUP?

I hate all the parties I've just listed off here, but come on - this is such a gross exaggeration of the truth.
Original post by munchm_
I'm not at all a Corbyn fan, but he isn't a Marxist. He's just the best man on the UK political stage for them right now - he's much further left than most of the recent Labour leaders.

Most of Labour is not allying itself with extremists. Why not look to the Conservatives for extremism instead - the ones in a minority government with the DUP?

I hate all the parties I've just listed off here, but come on - this is such a gross exaggeration of the truth.

Extremists? Sure they have hardline views on a few issues that the Cons will NEVER let them change, they are certainly not extremists
Reply 3
Original post by AperfectBalance
Extremists? Sure they have hardline views on a few issues that the Cons will NEVER let them change, they are certainly not extremists

Ian Paisley, the man who founded the DUP, also founded the UDA, a loyalist paramilitary group. Parts of it are still active today and have led to a few deaths in the past year.

You're not wrong - same sex marriage and environmental regulation is not going to disappear overnight with them in government. However, my point is that the Conservatives seem to be more willing to ally themselves with sketchy groups (and give them 1 billion pounds worth of taxpayer money) whilst Labour seems to be having more extreme ideologies tag along without the party ever endorsing or ever even really acknowledging the groups in the first place.
Jeremy Corbyn will do nothing to stop immigration, he thinks the only way to cure problems is to spend, spend, spend.

He refuses to distance himself with the Marxists *cough* John McDonald *cough* in the party, he refuses to deal with the problem of anti-semitism.

Get Jeremy Corbyn out the hard left will die, simple.
Labour will not become a Comminist party, the abolition of clause IV by Tony Blair makes this impossible as I understand it.
Reply 6
I thought he was a Trot as opposed to a Marxist?
Original post by Trinculo
Pretty much everyone knows that Corbyn is a hardcore Marxist, as is McDonnell, but over the past weeks, Labour and the Communist Party (Britain / Great Britain) are getting closer and closer - of course them not fielding candidates means almost nothing as they had an embarrassingly tiny vote share - but Momentum and JC's inner circle does include an increasing number of Communists on his teams.

Labour supporters - are you going along with this? Labour allying itself with extremists?

Lol.
I don't think you actually know what communism is.

Name one single policy on Labour's manifesto that was Communist...
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Jeremy Corbyn will do nothing to stop immigration, he thinks the only way to cure problems is to spend, spend, spend.

He refuses to distance himself with the Marxists *cough* John McDonald *cough* in the party, he refuses to deal with the problem of anti-semitism.

Ah the buzzwords are out in force today. I do find it bizarre that Momentum, a group led and deputied by Jewish people is accused of being anti semitic.
Original post by The PoliticalGuy

What's wrong with controlled immigration?
Reply 10
Original post by queen-bee
What's wrong with controlled immigration?

That particular user seems to be allergic to foreigners, he'd like Britain to close its boarders and descend in to something resembling Mad Max.
Original post by Napp
That particular user seems to be allergic to foreigners, he'd like Britain to close its boarders and descend in to something resembling Mad Max.

Hahahah never going to happen
Original post by DeBruyne18
Lol.
I don't think you actually know what communism is.

Name one single policy on Labour's manifesto that was Communist...

So why has John McDonnell repeatedly referred to himself as a Marxist?
Original post by Napp

Hmm if anything it’s the pro immigration people that seem to want something resembling mad max with the ghettoisation of our communities (and subsequent moral breakdown).
Original post by DeBruyne18
Ah the buzzwords are out in force today. I do find it bizarre that Momentum, a group led and deputied by Jewish people is accused of being anti semitic.

A: they do, as Jon Lansmsn admitted:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2017/12/29/three-kinds-anti-semitism-labour-ranks-momentum-leader-admits/amp/

B: This assumes Jews cant be anti Semitic. They can. You can also find lots of lovely white people on Twitter calling for white genocide too
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Davij038
Hmm if anything it’s the pro immigration people that seem to want something resembling mad max with the ghettoisation of our communities (and subsequent moral breakdown).

Out of the two of those only 1 is guaranteed to tank the uk and it isn't the pro immigration one.
How exactly do you imagine the economy would function with a closed door?
You lot are living in the wrong century, times have changed and you can't unchange them.
So why has John McDonnell repeatedly referred to himself as a Marxist?

Corbyn hasn't. Indeed during the leadership contest he said he hadn't read much of Marx at all.

McDonnel is much more ideological.

Plus I don't get this bizarre notion that everything Marx did or said was evil or that he didn't raise useful critiques of capitalism.
A: they do, as Jon Lansmsn admitted:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2017/12/29/three-kinds-anti-semitism-labour-ranks-momentum-leader-admits/amp/

B: This assumes Jews cant be anti Semitic. They can. You can also find lots of lovely white people on Twitter calling for white genocide too

Sorry but the idea that we have anti semitic Jews leading Labour or momentum is absurd. It's a bit like those on the left who accuse everyone on the right of being racist or bigoted.

The problem is that there is a big effort among certain people to try and make out that criticism of the Israeli government is anti semitic. It isn't.
(edited 6 years ago)
Labour party no longer exists, it has been usurped by Jezbollah Corbyn and his Commie cronies. True Labour supporters should stand firm and do something about it.

Sadly they mostly have their heads in the sand and are STILL congratulating themselves over the election they lost in spectacular fashion. Go figure !

Labour are years from getting to No 10 and the only person responsible for that is Jezzer. He is wholly unelectable. Sooner the true Labour supporters oust him, the sooner Labour can get back on track and put up a credible candidate.

That communist party has always said to vote Labour. It did in 1997.

The Labour party has had communists in it before so...

As a communist who is a member of the Labour party I am fine with this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending