The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

How is it university life in Chichester and Bognor Regis?

I come from Spain and I'm going to apply for Chichester PGCE and I would like to know how is it living there, life on campus, entertainment, idk... I know it's quite different from Spain but I would like to know what to expect.
Original post by inmagdiaz92
I come from Spain and I'm going to apply for Chichester PGCE and I would like to know how is it living there, life on campus, entertainment, idk... I know it's quite different from Spain but I would like to know what to expect.

You can find students here. Also look at their SU pages.
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Reply 2

Hi! I've just accepted an offer from Chichester to do my PGCE at Bognor Regis campus! Have you applied yet?
Reply 3
Original post by Pemmzie
Hi! I've just accepted an offer from Chichester to do my PGCE at Bognor Regis campus! Have you applied yet?

Hi! I'm about to apply for the Modern Foreign Languages, right now I'm looking for references haha
Which programme have you chosen?
Reply 4
Hi! I'm about to apply for the Modern Foreign Languages, right now I'm looking for references haha
Which programme have you chosen?

Thats the exact course I've applied for aswell, PGCE with modern foreign languages. I had my interview in December then accepted the offer :-)
Reply 5
Original post by Pemmzie
Thats the exact course I've applied for aswell, PGCE with modern foreign languages. I had my interview in December then accepted the offer :-)

So cool! I'm applying for Spanish with French. And How was the interview? Did you have to prepare anything?
Reply 6
So cool! I'm applying for Spanish with French. And How was the interview? Did you have to prepare anything?

Interview was brilliant, you will probably have your interview with the MFL coordinator who is just lovely. I just looked over some notes I had made and brushed up on current education issues and that was it. They are interested in hearing about your previous experience and that you are aware that PGCE year is a lot of work ; then obviously test your knowledge of your chosen languages. So I had my interview in French and Spanish too. You will be fine, every lecturer I met that day was so welcoming and friendly and really put my nerves at ease.

You're the first person I've been able to talk to about it all, I can't seem to find anybody else on the same course because now I am trying to search for roommates/accommodation.

Hi,

Congratulations on getting a place on the MFL PGCE with us! As a campus University, students are very close-knit and lecturers know all of their students personally by name. You'll be based on the Bognor Regis Campus which is a 10 minute walk from the town centre and Bognor beach! We have a thriving Students' Union and student body that host events on both campuses - have a look at our Students' Union website for more information on the events they run e.g. Summer Ball & RAG Race! During the Freshers' Week, the SU make an effort to make events specifically for Postgraduate students and lecturers are also very accommodating. There are also regular inter-campus bus services for you to use which is 60p per journey!

If you have any more questions then please ask!
Reply 8
Original post by Pemmzie

Hi Pemmzie! I think we're gonna be classmates! I have just accepted an offer from Chichester
Reply 9
Hi Pemmzie! I think we're gonna be classmates! I have just accepted an offer from Chichester

Oh brilliant congratulations! Are you excited? Send me your facebook page and maybe we can talk there? I'm from Ireland so eager to get to know people before the course starts as I will be moving over by myself.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending