The Student Room Group

Do you tell your gf about your friends ?

I am going through an awkward stage with one of my friends as in arguing etc. My girlfriend was just generally asking about my day but I didnt want to tell her about my friend arguing. I just thought it would be
embarrassing as she doesnt know the full situation and might think differnt of me.
Reply 1
Well it depends, is your girlfriend part of the same friendship group?

I tell my girlfriend about my day, I just say anything that happens really and we laugh and joke about it.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Well it depends, is your girlfriend part of the same friendship group?

I tell my girlfriend about my day, I just say anything that happens really and we laugh and joke about it.

No shes doesnt know who my friend is she hasnt seen him ever.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
No shes doesnt know who my friend is she hasnt seen him ever.

Tell her if you want to tell her. Keep in mind she doesn't have to know that you had an argument with a friend.
Reply 4
I am going through an awkward stage with one of my friends as in arguing etc. My girlfriend was just generally asking about my day but I didnt want to tell her about my friend arguing. I just thought it would be
embarrassing as she doesnt know the full situation and might think differnt of me.

Just tell her. I'd tell my bf if something happened even if he didn't know the friend. Explain the situation to her. I think she will understand :smile:
Depends were you are in the relationship, how emotionally open and intimate you both are.

I try and keep the various parts of my life separate, compartmentalized, on a need to know basis. It minimizes the possibility of anything getting awkward, or uncomfortable. I don't tell new partners much about friends and family, or huge amounts of personal details, until they've shown they're trustworthy and opened up first.

Due to past experiences (dated a couple of women who hid their mental health issues from me until I was emotional invested in the relationship, before they started to became abusive) so I'm (probably over) careful about what, and in how much depth, I talk about personal things.
Reply 6
Original post by Bham369
Just tell her. I'd tell my bf if something happened even if he didn't know the friend. Explain the situation to her. I think she will understand :smile:

Wouldnt she think im like a wuss though ? Long story short this friend can hassle a lot and he has but ive helped him out when needed. The problme is his haggling and its difficult to say something to him as ive known him for a long time.
Reply 7
Wouldnt she think im like a wuss though ? Long story short this friend can hassle a lot and he has but ive helped him out when needed. The problme is his haggling and its difficult to say something to him as ive known him for a long time.

How does arguing make you a wuss? Just talk to her. A problem shared is a problem halved :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Bham369
How does arguing make you a wuss? Just talk to her. A problem shared is a problem halved :smile:

The fact that my firend is haggling me and its difficult saying something as ive known him a long time.
Reply 9
The fact that my firend is haggling me and its difficult saying something as ive known him a long time.

Then she may help you find a way to tell your friend
OP, you did the right thing. Don't focus and talk about the negative things in your life. Focus on the positives. Especially when you're with your girlfriend.
Original post by Bham369
Then she may help you find a way to tell your friend

I suppose thats whats she's there for :smile:
I suppose thats whats she's there for :smile:

Exactly. :smile: Talk to her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending