The Student Room Group

Midwifery Clearing

Hi, I have applied for Midwifery at uni 2018 and do not find out the results of my four interviews until April which is stressing me out a little. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of applying to a midwifery courses through clearing? It is definitely an option for me but I'm concerned that it is a course which does not have many clearing places due to it being so competitive and hard to get into anyway. Thanks :smile:
Original post by lcork99
Hi, I have applied for Midwifery at uni 2018 and do not find out the results of my four interviews until April which is stressing me out a little. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of applying to a midwifery courses through clearing? It is definitely an option for me but I'm concerned that it is a course which does not have many clearing places due to it being so competitive and hard to get into anyway. Thanks :smile:

What do you mean you are waiting till April? Why April specifically?
Have you been to interviews
and midwifery is sort of hard in clearing due to popularity yes
good luck
Reply 2
Original post by myquestiontsr
What do you mean you are waiting till April? Why April specifically?
Have you been to interviews
and midwifery is sort of hard in clearing due to popularity yes
good luck

I’ve been told at all 4 interviews that we won’t find out till April because they want to interview all candidates first. I assumed that it’s too popular to go into clearing as I know where I’ve applied they only have a small intake.
Original post by lcork99
I’ve been told at all 4 interviews that we won’t find out till April because they want to interview all candidates first. I assumed that it’s too popular to go into clearing as I know where I’ve applied they only have a small intake.

Wow, this is new news to me
where did you apply?
Reply 4
Wow, this is new news to me
where did you apply?

Liverpool, Bedfordshire, Bangor and Northampton (I’m actually on a ‘waiting list’ for here because they didn’t want to say yes or no so some candidates have been left till they’ve interviewed all and then they’ll make their decision on us)
Original post by lcork99
Liverpool, Bedfordshire, Bangor and Northampton (I’m actually on a ‘waiting list’ for here because they didn’t want to say yes or no so some candidates have been left till they’ve interviewed all and then they’ll make their decision on us)

Ohhh okay that makes sense, when did you go to your Northampton interview (also waiting for reply)
where is your 5th option and what do you want as your firm
Im not a fan of waiting lists haha
Reply 6
Ohhh okay that makes sense, when did you go to your Northampton interview (also waiting for reply)
where is your 5th option and what do you want as your firm
Im not a fan of waiting lists haha

My Northampton interview was back in November and I didn’t have a 5th option. I think my firm is going to be Liverpool or Bangor (hopefully) but I’m not fully decided.
Original post by lcork99
My Northampton interview was back in November and I didn’t have a 5th option. I think my firm is going to be Liverpool or Bangor (hopefully) but I’m not fully decided.

Oohh well good luck!!!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending