The Student Room Group

Applied for full £8K maintenance loan as estranged student only received £4

Hey there, I applied for the full four thousand pound amount as an irreconcilably estranged student as I live with my retired grandfather now, and have been doing so for a year after being kicked out of home. I also applied for the additional four thousand pound amount that depended on household income, I sent off my evidence for being estranged, however, I received no notification to send off proof of household income, and have now received a letter saying I am entitled to the full tuition fee payment, but only the original £4,054 of the maintenance and nothing was mentioned of the additional four thousand that depended on household income. What can I do as I'm very worried, my halls of residence cost £5k and there's no way me or my grandad can afford that on our own.
Original post by Tinyjar123
Hey there, I applied for the full four thousand pound amount as an irreconcilably estranged student as I live with my retired grandfather now, and have been doing so for a year after being kicked out of home. I also applied for the additional four thousand pound amount that depended on household income, I sent off my evidence for being estranged, however, I received no notification to send off proof of household income, and have now received a letter saying I am entitled to the full tuition fee payment, but only the original £4,054 of the maintenance and nothing was mentioned of the additional four thousand that depended on household income. What can I do as I'm very worried, my halls of residence cost £5k and there's no way me or my grandad can afford that on our own.

Hi Tinyjar123,

I just need to ask a quick question in order to help you out there.

When did you send your evidence of estrangement?

Thank you,

John.
Reply 2
Original post by John B SFE
Hi Tinyjar123,

I just need to ask a quick question in order to help you out there.

When did you send your evidence of estrangement?

Thank you,

John.

I sent it on Monday of this week.

It can take a few days for them to receive it. It can take some time for it to be uploaded on to the system and for you to be income assessed.

Hi Tinyjar123,

This type of evidence is currently taking around eight working days from when we receive it, to be reviewed.

You can be confident it will be reviewed by an assessor on a case by case basis, if they require any clarification, they will contact you directly.

If accepted, you will be reassessed for the maximum support, your online account will be updated and a new Notification of Entitlement letter will be sent to reflect this.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending