The Student Room Group

Lougborough university or Nottingham Trent?

Hi I'm trying to decide between Loughborough uni or Trent to study Psychology however I'm not sure which one I prefer. I'm worried about the stigma surrounding Trent but I really love the city and I also love the sports facilities at Loughborough.

Is there anyone studying Psychology at these unis who could give some pros and cons please?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by hannah.anon
Hi I'm trying to decide between Loughborough uni or Trent to study Psychology however I'm not sure which one I prefer. I'm worried about the stigma surrounding Trent but I really love the city and I also love the sports facilities at Loughborough.

Is there anyone studying Psychology at these unis who could give some pros and cons please?

Thank you :smile:

Hi hannah.anon

It's tough when you like two places for different reasons - but you still have quite a while to decide.
I'd start by comparing the courses and see which offer you the modules you'll enjoy the most and fit in with your career aspirations.
Also look at the facilities and links with industry.

We're not far from Nottingham so if you love the city and want to go there sometimes - it's only a short train ride away. However if you want to spend every night in Nottingham - that's not a practical solution!

Make a list of pros and cons for both unis and then it might help you decide. Also if you've visited both - go with your gut feeling of where you think you'll be happy - you're going to be at uni for 3 or 4 years - so it may as well be somewhere that you can see yourself living and being happy.

Good luck with your decision!
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest