The Student Room Group

How to structure an essay

Hi, so I'm currently doing As level Media Studies with WJEC and I've been struggling to get higher than a B in essays. I know all the points I want to make and the order to make then in but I'm not sure how to structure my analysis. At GCSE I used P.E.A. (Point, Evidence, Analysis) for english essays, was wondering if theres one for Media? Asking for a friend :/
(edited 6 years ago)
Analysis begins with an A
Reply 2
Original post by Student-95
Analysis begins with an A

Already have my A* in English language but thank you!!
Original post by darco
Already have my A* in English language but thank you!!

'English' should be capitalised.
Reply 4
'English' should be capitalised.

It is.....
Original post by darco
Hi, so I'm currently doing As level Media Studies with WJEC and I've been struggling to get higher than a B in essays. I know all the points I want to make and the order to make then in but I'm not sure how to structure my analysis. At GCSE I used P.E.A. (Point, Evidence, Analysis) for english essays, was wondering if theres one for Media? Asking for a friend :/

No it isn't....
Reply 6
No it isn't....

Your constructive criticism is much appreciated, I’ll be sure not to take it under advisement xo
Original post by darco

There should be an apostrophe in 'theres' because it is short for 'there is'.
I’m having a similar problem!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending