The Student Room Group

How hard are GCSEs?

Bit of an odd question, but how hard are they actually? I know compared to A levels they are easy but how much revision did you guys do before mocks and actual exams? And what did you get?
This is a classic 'how long is a piece of string' question. It's all relative. For some people, they're a total nightmare and despite their best efforts, they won't get a 4 vs others who can breeze it and get a 6.
I personally had a good understanding of each subject as I concentrated in class, so revision was simple as it was going over the information. I had made notes for each subject by dividing them to each exam and summarising the info onto flashcards. Reading through revision guides and highlighting them may help too. Understanding the content is key.
I think I did fine in my GCSE's; the grades varied between A*-B (converting Maths and English to the old grading system)

Original post by rainbowcat1437
Bit of an odd question, but how hard are they actually? I know compared to A levels they are easy but how much revision did you guys do before mocks and actual exams? And what did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest