The Student Room Group

M3 or d1 (with conditions!!)

Hello guys!

I need to make my decision whether to take M3 or D1 by the end of March so please help me out! (all edexcel modules)So basically my problem is that if I take D1, I will have 3 exams on the same day (D1, M2 and Economics Paper 3) but if I take M3 I will take it before

What do you guys think? An easy paper(D1) but risking the other exams, or the harder paper(M3)??!! Please help!!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
ofc D1, Grade boundaries are low and its an easy module. It is like a joke compared to m3 and even m2.

meanwhile m3 is hard as **** and grade boundaries are high if i were u i wouldnt risk my A because m3
Wait, you're taking them this year? I'd take D1. I took D1 over M3 (C1-C4, FP1-FP3, S1-S2, M1-M2, D1)
I HATE D1, as an exam, doesn't feel right and struggle a bit with exam technique and learning all the content. But compared to M3, it is worth it, especially given the lower boundaries (due to it being taken by many single mathematicians or used as a dead module). If you are starting now, M3 may be more of a risk, and D1 is not difficult conceptually.
thankyou for replying :smile:)!!

Original post by Complex-machines
ofc D1, Grade boundaries are low and its an easy module. It is like a joke compared to m3 and even m2.

meanwhile m3 is hard as **** and grade boundaries are high if i were u i wouldnt risk my A because m3
Original post by thekidwhogames
Wait, you're taking them this year? I'd take D1. I took D1 over M3 (C1-C4, FP1-FP3, S1-S2, M1-M2, D1)

Yes! Taking it this year with same modules as you! :smile:)
Original post by Rohit Joshi
I HATE D1, as an exam, doesn't feel right and struggle a bit with exam technique and learning all the content. But compared to M3, it is worth it, especially given the lower boundaries (due to it being taken by many single mathematicians or used as a dead module). If you are starting now, M3 may be more of a risk, and D1 is not difficult conceptually.

Thankyou so much for your advice :smile:.

Do you all think that it is possible to do well in D1 and my other subjects on that day?(M2 and Econs). I don't want to sabotage my chance of getting the grade :smile: thankyou again!
Original post by alevelskillingme
Yes! Taking it this year with same modules as you! :smile:)

You're doing all the same as me - all 12? Nice!

Have you covered all or got some left?
D1 man
You're doing all the same as me - all 12? Nice!

Have you covered all or got some left?

Oh, sorry to confuse you! I'm taking 6 this year only the further maths module FP1, FP2, FP3, M2, S2, D1(orM3 lol)

Completed all except for FP3, M3 and D1. Still on Integration in FP3. For D1, we have only 2 classes a week but it's really fast paced so completing it by the end of this week!
Original post by Hammad(214508)
D1 man

Even with the condition of having to take 3 exams on the same day as well? so difficult to make this decision :frown:
Oh, sorry to confuse you! I'm taking 6 this year only the further maths module FP1, FP2, FP3, M2, S2, D1(orM3 lol)

Completed all except for FP3, M3 and D1. Still on Integration in FP3. For D1, we have only 2 classes a week but it's really fast paced so completing it by the end of this week!

Ah I'm doing the exact same but D1 :P with Maths too

Damn! I've finished all but going over the applied as that's my weakest point but it's hard to juggle with everything else this year.

How did you find FP2?
Thankyou so much for your advice :smile:.

Do you all think that it is possible to do well in D1 and my other subjects on that day?(M2 and Econs). I don't want to sabotage my chance of getting the grade :smile: thankyou again!

I do not think you should equate the difficulty gap in the modules to having 3 exams on a day. Don't worry about it, it won't take too much of your time.
Even with the condition of having to take 3 exams on the same day as well? so difficult to make this decision :frown:

I have three exams on the same day, 11th june I have Biology paper2, computers science paper 2 and spanish paper 1, 2h 30 min each.
Also decision maths will help you in making decisions
Ah I'm doing the exact same but D1 :P with Maths too

Damn! I've finished all but going over the applied as that's my weakest point but it's hard to juggle with everything else this year.

How did you find FP2?

I thought it was alright except for chapter 3 :smile:)
Original post by Rohit Joshi
I do not think you should equate the difficulty gap in the modules to having 3 exams on a day. Don't worry about it, it won't take too much of your time.

Thankyou!
Original post by Hammad(214508)
I have three exams on the same day, 11th june I have Biology paper2, computers science paper 2 and spanish paper 1, 2h 30 min each.
Also decision maths will help you in making decisions

Wow thankyou :smile: and goodluck in your exams!
I thought it was alright except for chapter 3 :smile:)

Complex numbers?

Quick Reply

Latest