The Student Room Group

Help with the structure of my EPQ dissertation?

Hi, I am currently finishing off my dissertation on 'How is genetic modification of human embryos carried out?' and I am unsure of how to start/ structure my conclusion. The areas of research I have covered in my dissertation are:
- introduction to GM
-GM in humans
-reasons for GM in embryos
-embryo structure
-principles of genes and DNA
-The procedure (CRISPR)
-A recent case where embryonic GM was performed in the US-Considerations and issues raised.

If anyone has any recommendation on what to talk about / how to structure the conclusion it'd be much appreciated! Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ellie118
Hi, I am currently finishing off my dissertation on 'How is genetic modification of human embryos carried out?' and I am unsure of how to start/ structure my conclusion. The areas of research I have covered in my dissertation are:
- introduction to GM
-GM in humans
-reasons for GM in embryos
-embryo structure
-principles of genes and DNA
-The procedure (CRISPR)
-A recent case where embryonic GM was performed in the US-Considerations and issues raised.

If anyone has any recommendation on what to talk about / how to structure the conclusion it'd be much appreciated! Thanks.

Did your tutor ok your essay title?
Have they seen a draft?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Did your tutor ok your essay title?
Have they seen a draft?

yes they've seen it and think it sounds alright.
Original post by Ellie118
yes they've seen it and think it sounds alright.

Seems a bit too much like an instruction manual to me, which means less analysis and evaluation. Not enough individual thought by you.

I would try and put some of that n the conclusion by giving some analysis and asking important questions.

What have you learned from the investigation , what is the state if genetic modification and what does the future look like?

Quick Reply

Latest