The Student Room Group

Muslim girls and sex

Scroll to see replies

But what’s the problem if a Muslim masturbates in moderation?
Reply 601
Original post by orderofthelotus
Similar to how masturbation is essential for good sexual health.
What ??

Any respected study to support this ?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
But what’s the problem if a Muslim masturbates in moderation?

Rn I'm having a problem with the 'fact that Mb-ing is essential to be healthy.'
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by starfab
People can live without Mb-ing and still be healthy.

sexual health

sexual health

I said sexual health. I thought "you're taking it out of context!!1!" was your line lmao. It is essential. What happens if you don't eat? You starve. What happens if you don't masturbate? You become sexually starved (though the consequences of this varies. I didn't claim anywhere everyone needs to fap. I just said it's normal, natural and healthy for the majority of people).
Your religion should have no effect on your sex life
I said sexual health. I thought "you're taking it out of context!!1!" was your line lmao. It is essential. What happens if you don't eat? You starve. What happens if you don't masturbate? You become sexually starved (though the consequences of this varies. I didn't claim anywhere everyone needs to fap. I just said it's normal, natural and healthy for the majority of people).

You said... "you need to eat to be healthy", if we're going with exact words.
we're not talking about eating. that was the analogy :facepalm: fapping is the sexual equivalent of eating when you're hungry - you won't die being sexually unhealthy compared to being physically unhealthy but it has it's mental and physical implications on the average person, which is common knowledge...
we're not talking about eating. that was the analogy :facepalm: fapping is the sexual equivalent of eating when you're hungry - you won't die being sexually unhealthy compared to being physically unhealthy but it has it's mental and physical implications on the average person, which is common knowledge...
:lol: There's something called sex too.
That’s a whole other can of worms, though it brings back to the OP pretty nicely considering it’s a sexually frustrated person that has said they aren’t ready for marriage. Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.
That’s a whole other can of worms, though it brings back to the OP pretty nicely considering it’s a sexually frustrated person that has said they aren’t ready for marriage. Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.

Ik about time we bring the thread back to OP.
Reply 610
Current medical advice is for men to ejaculate at least 21 times a month to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. How is a man supposed to do this if he is not in an active sexual relationship? (or even if he is! ) Masturbation is the only option.
Reply 611
Reply 612
Medical studies have shown that frequent ejaculation (over 21 times a month) reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
So it's official, ******* is good for you!
Original post by QE2
Medical studies have shown that frequent ejaculation (over 21 times a month) reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
So it's official, ******* is good for you!

lather up, bois
I used to feel the same way. I constantly fantasized how great sex will be. I daydreamed constantly about how i'll be doing it with my future husband. That made me very unproductive. My brain also felt foggy. Sex used to be in my mind 24/7. The more I masturbated, the sadder and empty I felt. I wanted it really bad. The key here is to stop thinking about sex. Be aware of your thoughts. You'll notice how easily your mind changes certain topics and makes it about that. And if your daydream about it, there is no doubt that you will masturbate. If you masturbate, dopamine gets released, and you feel good for a while. So your brain keeps on making you think about it so that you will masturbate in order to get that dopamine rush. How do you stop thinking about it? Well, keep yourself busy. Busy with anything. Video games and thinking about the work i need to do for my a levels helped me a lot. Socialize with people for longer hours. That will definitely help. Once you stop thinking about sex, your masturbation sessions will definitely decrease. It's extremely hard for the first 1 or 2 weeks. But after that, it gets significantly easier.
Reply 615
Original post by QE2
Current medical advice is for men to ejaculate at least 21 times a month to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. How is a man supposed to do this if he is not in an active sexual relationship? (or even if he is! ) .
Why are you lying for ???

Here is the NHS website for prostate cancer and please quote where it says "current medical advice is for men to ejaculate 21 times a month" = https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/treatment/#other-medical-treatments
Original post by QE2

Masturbation is the only option
From the NHS link that you posted :

"However, it does not prove that ejaculating more frequently prevents cancer, only that it is associated with a reduction in risk. It might be that a range of other factors such as genetics, lifestyle, number of children, diet, nature of sexual activity and education contribute to this risk, but we cannot say for sure what factors might increase the risk." (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequent-ejaculation-may-decrease-prostate-cancer-risk/ )

"Aside from ejaculating frequently, other methods that may help reduce your risk of prostate cancer include achieving or maintaining a healthy weight, and regular exercise. " (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequent-ejaculation-may-decrease-prostate-cancer-risk/ )
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 616
Original post by Mil99
Why are you lying for ???

Here is the NHS website for prostate cancer and please quote where it says "current medical advice is for men to ejaculate 21 times a month" = https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/treatment/#other-medical-treatments
From the NHS link that you posted :

"However, it does not prove that ejaculating more frequently prevents cancer, only that it is associated with a reduction in risk. It might be that a range of other factors such as genetics, lifestyle, number of children, diet, nature of sexual activity and education contribute to this risk, but we cannot say for sure what factors might increase the risk." (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequent-ejaculation-may-decrease-prostate-cancer-risk/ )

"Aside from ejaculating frequently, other methods that may help reduce your risk of prostate cancer include achieving or maintaining a healthy weight, and regular exercise. " (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequent-ejaculation-may-decrease-prostate-cancer-risk/ )
Oh behave.
I provided a peer reviewed study that shows a link between ejaculation (and by association, masturbation) and health benefits. You should be happy rather than attacking some straw man that I claimed that it definitely improves sexual health.

Just accept it. ******* is good for you.
Original post by QE2
Current medical advice is for men to ejaculate at least 21 times a month to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. How is a man supposed to do this if he is not in an active sexual relationship? (or even if he is! ) Masturbation is the only option.

I've read the link. There's a lot on there, sure it shows some benefit, doesn't mention with regards to any cons, which was not the purpose of the article ofc.
But again it is not 'essential'.
Reply 618
It addresses that issue...
"Despite any lurid tales you may have heard growing up, masturbation is entirely safe. So if you want to do it as a preventative method then it wouldn't pose any health risks."

But again it is not 'essential'. Not smoking isn't "essential" as many smokers live to advanced age without any serious health issues. Likewise pretty much anything that provides health benefits.
WBut who lives their lives doing only the "essential"?

This aptly demonstrates the double standards of many religionists' arguments.
We are told that certain prohibitions and instructions in the Quran are signs of its miraculous nature because it is now claimed that they could provide some possible health benefits, and this is used as justification for why they are mandatory. However, when something that is prohibited is shown to have demonstrable health benefits, it's dismissed as "not essential".
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 619
Original post by QE2
I provided a peer reviewed study that shows a link between ejaculation (and by association, masturbation) and health benefits.
Yes it showed an association and not a direct cause. It therefore follows that since it's not a direct cause, it's not essential (see the OP : " masturbation is essential for good sexual health." Post 602)

The link that you posted does not conclude, anywhere, that masturbation is essential for good sexual health.

If you can't read or have a habit of jumping into conversations without understanding them properly, it's not my fault.
Original post by QE2

You should be happy rather than attacking some straw man that I claimed that it definitely improves sexual health.
QE2, do you know what the phrase "current medical advice..." means ?

If it really is the current medical advice, then please prove it.
Original post by QE2

Just accept it. ******* is good for you.
Irrelevant - we're not discussing this.

Orderofthelotus made a bold claim that mastubation is essential for good sexual health and since then, said user has completely avoided my posts and you've posted a link saying that there maybe an association between reduced incidence of prostatic cancer and ejaculation (which doesn't even mean masturbation).

The link provided mentions other ways of reducing said risk(s) and therefore masturbation is not understood to be essential for good sexual health.

QED.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending