The Student Room Group

Looking at Universitys

I'm currently half way through my first year at college (year 12) and was just wondering when is best to start looking at possible universities/going to open days? I have had a look at some and there are open days on this month for a lot of the uni's I'm looking at however I wasn't sure if it was too early.

Any advice/suggestions into looking at and when to apply for uni would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by LittleMiss22
I'm currently half way through my first year at college (year 12) and was just wondering when is best to start looking at possible universities/going to open days? I have had a look at some and there are open days on this month for a lot of the uni's I'm looking at however I wasn't sure if it was too early.

Any advice/suggestions into looking at and when to apply for uni would be appreciated :smile:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/cycle/2018/scheme/undergraduate/type/key-date

These are key dates for people doing the 2018 cycle to give you an idea.
If you have the time and get offered an open day then go imo, it might inspire you plus make your choices easier. It might also save time to get them out of the way. Maybe o to one, see what you think and assess if going now or next year might be more helpful. You might want to take a friend as well.

The right time is now or as early as possible if you have decided to do A-levels you should be looking at the next step as soon as you can. Does your school/College have a UCAS room use it look at websites of unis that you are interested in and go to open days also talk to your Tutor about doing the UCAS form. Start looking now you can never be too prepared.

Hi @LittleMiss22

As @999tigger and @New- Emperor said it's never too early! Universities tend to hold their open days on similar dates, so it's a good idea to start early so you can fit in a visit to all the uni's you're interested in. I'd recommend making as many notes as you can so you don't forget anything and have some something to read over when making your decision. Once you've been made offers you'll usually be invited to applicant days at your chosen universities so you'll have another chance to visit campus.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Heather

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending