Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by So-Sarah
boo hoo!

Let the EU fail and Britain will make good

Ignorance is bliss for Yu aye?
Reply 41
Original post by paul514
One assumes that was none voters, why would any voter google that leave or remain

What do you mean none voters sorry?
Original post by Napp
What do you mean none voters sorry?

Well if they where googling what the eu was one would assume it was people who didn’t vote.
Reply 43
Original post by paul514
Well if they where googling what the eu was one would assume it was people who didn’t vote.

Why would you assume that?
Reply 44
Original post by Napp

Because why would anyone bother to go out to their polling station to draw a cross deciding membership of something if they don't know what it is.
Original post by Napp

What bob already replied to you .....
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by bob072
Because why would anyone bother to go out to their polling station to draw a cross deciding membership of something if they don't know what it is.

Original post by paul514
What bob already replied to you .....

You seem to be assuming people actually cared enough to research this as opposed to listening to both sides propaganda?
I think I'll use the easiest counter to that in that a great deal of people likely voted to remain to keep the status quo (anti bellum 😏) just as a lot of people voted to leave to stick it to the government

To assume everyone who voted did so in full possession of the facts is simply not true, nor possible
Original post by Napp
You seem to be assuming people actually cared enough to research this as opposed to listening to both sides propaganda?
I think I'll use the easiest counter to that in that a great deal of people likely voted to remain to keep the status quo (anti bellum 😏) just as a lot of people voted to leave to stick it to the government

To assume everyone who voted did so in full possession of the facts is simply not true, nor possible

Neither of us suggested they did.

They will however know the basics of the eu.
Reply 48
Original post by paul514
Neither of us suggested they did.

They will however know the basics of the eu.

I will rephrase - to assume everyone who voted knew what they were voting for/that they understood anything or everything is still wrong - the law of averages is quite clear on this that some people would have voted without knowing anything about it. This is not as such a dig at leavers or remainers as people on both sides would have done it
Original post by Napp
I will rephrase - to assume everyone who voted knew what they were voting for/that they understood anything or everything is still wrong - the law of averages is quite clear on this that some people would have voted without knowing anything about it. This is not as such a dig at leavers or remainers as people on both sides would have done it

But you are suggesting that so many voters didn’t even know what the eu was it was the number one search the next day.

I can never agree to that as ...... no I can’t think of a different word.

It’s too stupid
Reply 50
Original post by paul514
But you are suggesting that so many voters didn’t even know what the eu was it was the number one search the next day.

I can never agree to that as ...... no I can’t think of a different word.

It’s too stupid

That is exactly what i'm suggesting. Given that half of these people seem to be under the illusion the EU is some sort of dictatorship on a par with the USSR i think i'm being quite polite on the matter.
Original post by Napp
That is exactly what i'm suggesting. Given that half of these people seem to be under the illusion the EU is some sort of dictatorship on a par with the USSR i think i'm being quite polite on the matter.

Well we can let the people reading to decide if you are right or not as we know what each other thinks
Reply 52
Original post by mariachi
the referendum has quietly disappeared from the 5 stars rhetoric over the last year. Yes, the party used to be very anti-establishment, but this has changed dramatically : and even more so now, that they actually can hope to be in government. It is true that it's a very diverse party, with huge changes and somersaults in official positions. It used to hold many votes online, to stream online political meetings, but this also has changed a lot recentlyactually (and paradoxically) everything now depends from the PD, the heavily defeated ruling party
since neither the center-right (Lega and Forza Italia coalition) nor the 5 stars have the absolute majority, the PD could decide to support either of them (which would be enough for guaranteeing a safe majority)

however, the PD has not yet decided what it will do :Renzi (its leader until now) wants the party to remain in opposition, but a part of PD wants to support the 5 stars

so, it' either a 5star/PD government or a "technical" government by apolitical figures, until perhaps the electoral law is changed and new elections are held

what seems impossible are a 5star/center-right alliance (they deeply dislike each other, and compete on the same ground for the same votes) or a center-right/PD one (politically next to impossible for the PD)

best

Sorry to say, but it looks like you could hardly have been more wrong.

The 5SM founder repeated his call for a referendum on the Euro last week, and the only coalition making progress is 5 star movement/ Lega.
Original post by bob072
Sorry to say, but it looks like you could hardly have been more wrong.

The 5SM founder repeated his call for a referendum on the Euro last week, and the only coalition making progress is 5 star movement/ Lega.
Grillo (the 5SM founder) is by now sidelined by the young and much more moderate "political head" (capo politico) of the 5stars, Luigi Di Maio, and there is precious little talk about a referendum on the Euro (referendums on international treaties are, in any case, not allowed by the Italian Constitution : in order to authorise it, a Constitutional law would have to be adopted - a very complex and unlikely affair )

yes, at present the 5stars and the Lega are trying to find an agreement for a government, after the possibility of a 5star/PD alliance was ruled out by the PD. Also, the Lega, to all effects, has left the center-right alliance previously set up with Berlusconi (who, as an ally, was an absolute taboo for the 5stars) and this has decisively changed the cards on the table : yes, two months are a very long time in politics.

In fact, In a few months' time, a referendum on the euro may be resuscitated, especially if a new "populist" Lega-5star government is in power and feels it has to "deliver" something to its electorate, in the face of the obvious difficulties it will encounter (mainly, the management of budget deficit and public debt) and growing impopularity

Anyway, more in general, we should bear in mind that making predictions is a risky business : and especially about the future

best
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending