The Student Room Group

Hope for the future!

Scroll to see replies

ugh it’s so annoying when you have a bad training teacher especially for a subject like maths:s-smilie:
gosh 73% wowowowowow
What are you doing for your work experience?
I’ve not done any:colondollar:
Reply 41
Original post by Toastiekid
ugh it’s so annoying when you have a bad training teacher especially for a subject like maths:s-smilie:
gosh 73% wowowowowow
What are you doing for your work experience?
I’ve not done any:colondollar:

Thankfully it wasn't even a training teacher so I won't be seeing him again.:tongue: I'm going to try and get some work experience at a hospital and I might try something in finance for a week just to see what it's like. Are you planning on doing any?:smile:
Original post by hope2002
Thankfully it wasn't even a training teacher so I won't be seeing him again.:tongue: I'm going to try and get some work experience at a hospital and I might try something in finance for a week just to see what it's like. Are you planning on doing any?:smile:

ooh that sounds cool:tongue:
I probably should...my school didn’t let us do it in year 10 but I think the sixth form I’m going to makes us do it:s-smilie: yeah I should probably arrange some:colondollar:
Are you doing it over the summer?:wink:
Reply 43
ooh that sounds cool:tongue:
I probably should...my school didn’t let us do it in year 10 but I think the sixth form I’m going to makes us do it:s-smilie: yeah I should probably arrange some:colondollar:
Are you doing it over the summer?:wink:

My school doesn't let us do it in year 10 either:frown: because most places require you to be 16 but they want us to do at least a week over summer cuz it's extra long so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to try do multiple to bulk up my CV :redface:and really to keep me busy because I don't want this summer to go to waste like all my other summers. What are you thinking of doing?:h:
My school doesn't let us do it in year 10 either:frown: because most places require you to be 16 but they want us to do at least a week over summer cuz it's extra long so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to try do multiple to bulk up my CV :redface:and really to keep me busy because I don't want this summer to go to waste like all my other summers. What are you thinking of doing?:h:

That's a good plan!
I'm not exactly sure, something stem related probably?! I'll do some googling now :smile:
well done on your biology test score:smile:
reminds me i need to get some more work experience or volunteering done in the summer:tongue:
Reply 46
That's a good plan!
I'm not exactly sure, something stem related probably?! I'll do some googling now :smile:

Have you found anything that interests you?:wink:
Reply 47
Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on your biology test score:smile:
reminds me i need to get some more work experience or volunteering done in the summer:tongue:

Thank you, I'm quite disappointed with it though:frown:. Glad to have helped:biggrin:, what volunteering/experience have you already done?:smile:
Thank you, I'm quite disappointed with it though:frown:. Glad to have helped:biggrin:, what volunteering/experience have you already done?:smile:

done a week at a primary school, a day at a bookshop and i've recently started oxfam volunteering:smile: what about you?
and don't worry, that's still a good score; you have time to improve as well:h:
Reply 49
Original post by entertainmyfaith
done a week at a primary school, a day at a bookshop and i've recently started oxfam volunteering:smile: what about you?
and don't worry, that's still a good score; you have time to improve as well:h:

I did a few weeks at an autistic school(through my school), helped at an autistic club every week for 6 months and have been visiting the hospital weekly with my school for the past 6 months. None of them have been work experience. What experience are you planning to do over summer?:u:
I did a few weeks at an autistic school(through my school), helped at an autistic club every week for 6 months and have been visiting the hospital weekly with my school for the past 6 months. None of them have been work experience. What experience are you planning to do over summer?:u:

no idea if i'll do experience or just get a job of some sort:redface: i don't know what would be best if i wanted to study psychology, probably just something with people?! experience's pretty hard to find where i live but i definitely need to have a look over the summer:h:
Reply 51
Wednesday 7th March 2018:

The Gist: I've decided that as I do tasks I'll add them to the done list instead of writing everything down at 1am after I finish, just so I can get to bed a bit quicker cuz by then it's already quite late:frown:. I tend to start my work around 6-7pm which is quite bad because I'm worried that I'm getting complacent:cry:. Example: I have a computing test in a week but don't have any notes for it, I had a physics test today but I didn't revise for it until last night despite having 2 hours of allotted homework to revise. I meant to say yesterday that I found out that I'm not actually in bottom set english but 3rd set :danceboy:(idk how many sets there are). Also I got taken off the Physics Challenge because they overbooked people, so i get to go to my english lesson instead:clap2:. Also can we just admire my self discipline, I had the chance to talk to my crush for the first time in months but stopped myself so I wouldn't get distracted.:colondollar:

To do:(all due tomorrow)

Spoiler

Done:
homeworkMaths:Completed 12 pages Additional maths booklet on problem solving(1h 15 mins)
Did a non-calc paper(1 hour)
Marked it-53/80:ashamed2:(15 mins)
revisionSpanish:Topic area E vocab on 'Los jovenes'(15 mins)
homeworkEnglishLit.: Wrote down the key quotes for Brown, will analysis in class and type up notes tomorrow(30 mins)
homeworkGeography: Adaptation v. Mitigation 9 marker -I think i've forgotten how to do 9 markers helpppppp (25 mins)
(edited 6 years ago)
Have you found anything that interests you?:wink:

uhhh no; I kinda got a bit distracted:frown:
I think I’ll wait till next year though as the sixth form I want to go to has lots of connections to stem companies etc that my current school (and I) don’t:colondollar: also hopefully I’ll have figured out what I want to do with my life by then:biggrin:
Reply 53
uhhh no; I kinda got a bit distracted:frown:
I think I’ll wait till next year though as the sixth form I want to go to has lots of connections to stem companies etc that my current school (and I) don’t:colondollar: also hopefully I’ll have figured out what I want to do with my life by then:biggrin:

haha good idea:wink:. What A-levels are you going to do?:smile:
haha good idea:wink:. What A-levels are you going to do?:smile:

Maths, further maths, physics and something else:colondollar: idk that seems like I know what I’m doing but really I have no idea:tongue:
Reply 55
Maths, further maths, physics and something else:colondollar: idk that seems like I know what I’m doing but really I have no idea:tongue:

That's amazing!:smile: You just be really smart:tongue: Are you considering becoming an engineer?:wink:
That's amazing!:smile: You just be really smart:tongue: Are you considering becoming an engineer?:wink:

I don’t know:colondollar: though you can follow my struggles in my gyg (shameless plug:s-smilie:) if you’re interested:biggrin:
Reply 57
Thursday 8th March 2018::banana:HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY:banana:

The Gist: I handed in the 9 marker in geography, got halfway through my character essay on Brown in Inherit the Wind:s-smilie:, got 32/36 in the second part of the biology quiz:biggrin: from the other day and that's about it. I'm in a bit of a pickled because I've waited until 11pm:angry: to start my work and I have to do a 2 hour chemistry paper for tomorrow:frown: and I'm having a sleepover at my friends tomorrow and Saturday so I was supposed to be productive tonight to make up for tomorrow but that didn't happen. I'm going to try and catch up on Sunday to make up for it because I'm getting set a lot of homework tomorrow:colonhash:.

To do:

Spoiler

Done:

homeworkChemistry: Completed the double paper but let out titration because I missed that lesson and was never given the catch up (1h 15 mins)
homework/revisonComputing: Finished my chapter 4 notes (30 mins)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 58
Sunday 11th March 2018: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

The Gist: Friday was boring and yesterday I got nothing done, I managed to create my revision timetable and that was it. Today I didn't start until 11pm so now it's 3 am and I have to get up for school in 4 hours.:colonhash: I read somewhere that telling someone you're going to do something gives you the same satisfaction of actually doing it so I'm going to try not to say I'm going to do anything until l've actually done it. I still haven't done a homework due tomorrow that I actually really wanted to do, it was supposed to be a reward for getting all my stuff done but now it's quite late and I obviously have an early start. Revision starts tomorrow. I can just feel that my mental health is going to go to s*** this revision season.

homeworkGeography: Completed a booklet on water provision in the UK (1 hour)
homeworkBiology: Answered 4 questions on human influences on the environment (30 mins)
revisionEnglish:Finished my Macbeth Act 5 notes ( 3 hours)
homeworkPhysics: Did my double practice paper (1 hour 15 mins)
Did my triple practice paper(30 mins)
Marked them (30 mins) (double:71% triple:67%:ashamed2:)
You were up at 3 am:eek:
I hope you have a great day at school:hugs:
And please, look after your mental health:plz2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending