The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Religious Studies B 9-1!!!

Comment below if you are taking this course!!!!
Reply 1
yep!!
Reply 2
Original post by mikela
yep!!

Go Girl we'll get our Grade 9's!!! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by HettiBetti
Go Girl we'll get our Grade 9's!!! :smile:

that would be a dream come true! i'm doing a 4 and 5 marker now on judaism :") how do you find the course?
Doing this course, finished my two themes and Judaism, now onto Catholicism
Reply 5
Original post by samhendrie
Doing this course, finished my two themes and Judaism, now onto Catholicism

you're doing Catholicism last? we did it last year and it was long, and quite frankly, boring

how are you finding the course?
Original post by mikela
you're doing Catholicism last? we did it last year and it was long, and quite frankly, boring

I’m in Year 10 atm so we have just started Catholicism, and Judaism and Themes were genuinely boring, I also found it challenging as I couldn’t remember all the correct Jewish Terminology. I ended themes with an 8 and Judaism with a 7. I’m hoping that because I’m Catholic I’ll find it easy, aha
me!
Reply 8
Original post by mikela
that would be a dream come true! i'm doing a 4 and 5 marker now on judaism :":wink: how do you find the course?

Girl...I got an 8 in my Catholic Christianity mock and an 8 on my Judaism mock!!!! eeee!!! #on the 14th and 16th of May I will hopefully get my 9!!!!
Reply 9
Girl...I got an 8 in my Catholic Christianity mock and an 8 on my Judaism mock!!!! eeee!!! #on the 14th and 16th of May I will hopefully get my 9!!!!

congrats !! i really dislike RE (but i love my teacher) so i'm not expecting 8s and 9s haha, a 7 would be nice to be honest. 12 markers are the bane of my existence, i cannot wait to get it over and done with!!

Reply 10
Original post by samhendrie
I’m in Year 10 atm so we have just started Catholicism, and Judaism and Themes were genuinely boring, I also found it challenging as I couldn’t remember all the correct Jewish Terminology. I ended themes with an 8 and Judaism with a 7. I’m hoping that because I’m Catholic I’ll find it easy, aha

i'm finishing judaism next week and i actually find it A LOT easier than catholicism haha with the catholicism section, the content is so hefty and i personally found it harder for some strange reason, as i'm still trying to wrap my head around triune god and eschatology :') good luck!
Original post by mikela
congrats !! i really dislike RE (but i love my teacher) so i'm not expecting 8s and 9s haha, a 7 would be nice to be honest. 12 markers are the bane of my existence, i cannot wait to get it over and done with!!

Interesting and engaging!!! I wanna be a lawyer so when we debate in class I am always the first to put across my opinion!!!
Reply 12
Interesting and engaging!!! I wanna be a lawyer so when we debate in class I am always the first to put across my opinion!!!

i'm sure you'll become a lawyer! how do you revise for RE, and how are you finding the grade boundaries? i hate the grade boundaries, hopefully they will change it in our actual gcses :smile:
Original post by mikela
i'm sure you'll become a lawyer! how do you revise for RE, and how are you finding the grade boundaries? i hate the grade boundaries, hopefully they will change it in our actual gcses :smile:

Thanks Girl.... well for RE I revise by repetitive reading, videos, close analysis of the textbook, and exam practice!!!! In our Judaism test that I found out the results today the grade boundaries were: 75% = 6, 90% =8 and I think 62% was a 4!!! But I think in the real GCSEs a 9 will be 95%+ and a 5 will be 45-55%!!!
Reply 14
Thanks Girl.... well for RE I revise by repetitive reading, videos, close analysis of the textbook, and exam practice!!!! In our Judaism test that I found out the results today the grade boundaries were: 75% = 6, 90% =8 and I think 62% was a 4!!! But I think in the real GCSEs a 9 will be 95%+ and a 5 will be 45-55%!!!

thanks x what videos do you use?

yeahhh, those grade boundaries are ridiculously high, hopefully a 5 is around 45-55%. i'm astonished that an 8 is 90%, shouldn't it be lower? like 85%? they do only make grade boundaries after marking the papers, so we'll see how it goes :smile:
Original post by mikela
thanks x what videos do you use?

yeahhh, those grade boundaries are ridiculously high, hopefully a 5 is around 45-55%. i'm astonished that an 8 is 90%, shouldn't it be lower? like 85%? they do only make grade boundaries after marking the papers, so we'll see how it goes :smile:

Yeah and hopefully we both get what we want!!! I use these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYOQ9RSYG1s . Although they are for course A you can still apply the tips for the course we are doing!!! Hope this helps!!!:smile: #I have got Religious Studies tomorrow!!!! eee!!! we are going to debate about human rights!!!
Reply 16
What were the question last year for themes and judiasm

Quick Reply

Latest