The Student Room Group

Undervalued by everyone

Hey guys I’m in year 11 and as I’m doing gcses, I have been preparing for mocks and revised for subjects. However, my mocks were really **** and I didn’t do well

My mock grades:

Maths: Grade 4
English lit: Grade 4
English Lang: Grade 2
Chemistry: Grade 3
Biology: Grade 3
Physics: Grade 6
Citizenship: Grade 5
Religious Studies: Grade 4
French: Grade 4

For most of them I was aiming for Grade 6’s and a few 7s. Oh well😭

In addition due to my poor grades in English language and literature, my teacher tried to sabotage my college places by predicting me a grade 2/3 on my college application and therefore, I haven’t got a reply from any colleges yet although I tried to ring them up several times. When I told some people, they started sniggering at me😡

I was sooo upset because of this and I do general feel undervalued because of my grades, friends and personality. For example, I am not prefect and the reason why I didn’t apply for is because I know they will always pick the same people. Therefore, in French I’m the only one who is not prefect except for everyone and it’s obvious that they are more better than me because I’m not invited to French revisions at Tuesday lunchtime, even though I asked my teacher I wanted to come. ( as I’m not a Grade 7/8/9 student)

I know that there is 10 weeks left and I can put enough effort together now. However, I still feel that those same people are gonna be boasting about their results on results day and I will be the only one with possibly low grades.

Also, I was rejected by a few people due to my timid personality and my parents are seriously concerned about it. Why can’t I just jump off a cliff??????
I would say to do an evaluation of what you're generally struggling on for each of your subjects; be it essay questions, the content, anaylsing opinions/texts/processes/theories etc.

Dont doubt yourself as everyone's pace and journey of learning is different. You can use the next 10 weeks to still improve and learn from mistakes but try not to stress cos generally the real exams come out better than mocks..!
As for friends and personality, be true to yourself as it wouldn't be healthy to always conform to some else's standards, something that i've learnt as a fellow quiet person. Mayb during their revison sessions, catch up on some work in the library, find a new group to talk to or even go with them one session.

Hope this helped and good luck with studies! :smile:
Original post by Gaxia_zoom
I would say to do an evaluation of what you're generally struggling on for each of your subjects; be it essay questions, the content, anaylsing opinions/texts/processes/theories etc.

Dont doubt yourself as everyone's pace and journey of learning is different. You can use the next 10 weeks to still improve and learn from mistakes but try not to stress cos generally the real exams come out better than mocks..!
As for friends and personality, be true to yourself as it wouldn't be healthy to always conform to some else's standards, something that i've learnt as a fellow quiet person. Mayb during their revison sessions, catch up on some work in the library, find a new group to talk to or even go with them one session.

Hope this helped and good luck with studies! :smile:

Thanks for your suggestions but what really annoys me the most is when people start sniggering at me the most
Original post by Freshyeezys01
Thanks for your suggestions but what really annoys me the most is when people start sniggering at me the most

Of course, it would be annoying as it is rude and simply quite ignorant. However try not to let it put you down; they aren't perfect and are not better than you.
If you still need to talk about stuff to do with this or with gcses feel free to PM me
best wishes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending