The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL pre-results panic thread

Don't panic alone - panic together.

Scroll to see replies

Do you have the grade boundaries?
Reply 2
I feel like I totally screwed up one of my biology papers and the boundaries are quite high too. RIP
Reply 4
Original post by zoae
I feel like I totally screwed up one of my biology papers and the boundaries are quite high too. RIP

Which one is it?
Original post by ThatGuy26
Which one is it?

WBI01. Did you take it?
Reply 6
Original post by zoae
WBI01. Did you take it?

No, but I took WBI02.
No, but I took WBI02.

I took 01, 02 and 03. I am quite sure 02 and 03 went well (hoping for As).
The problem is that I often end up writing things they didn't ask for. The mark schemes are really strict.

Which other papers did you take?
Reply 8
Original post by zoae
I took 01, 02 and 03. I am quite sure 02 and 03 went well (hoping for As).
The problem is that I often end up writing things they didn't ask for. The mark schemes are really strict.

Which other papers did you take?

I have the same problem. It especially frustrates me when you look at the mark scheme and they award a mark for stating something so obvious that you wouldn't even have thought to state it.

I only sat for WBI02 and WCH02. I originally sat for them in June last year but royally screwed up so I had to resit.
I have the same problem. It especially frustrates me when you look at the mark scheme and they award a mark for stating something so obvious that you wouldn't even have thought to state it.

I only sat for WBI02 and WCH02. I originally sat for them in June last year but royally screwed up so I had to resit.

Yeah exactly... Whatever, we'll see how it goes.

I also took the first 3 chem papers. I find chemistry way easier.
How are you guys gonna view the results? On ResultsPlus?
Original post by prahuljose
How are you guys gonna view the results? On ResultsPlus?

I'll have to wait for the exam officer to send me an email.
Original post by zoae

oh ok, im in the UAE and we get our results through the ResultsPlus website, but hasnt come out yet... :frown:
oh ok, im in the UAE and we get our results through the ResultsPlus website, but hasnt come out yet... :frown:

Wait did you do with British council? I did my exams with Abu Dhabi British council and called them up- they said i should receive either the login for results plus or the results today or tomorrow via SMS or email. However, the woman doesn't seem too sure about it until i had asked specifically if i was going to get my results this way.
Original post by funkypineapple
Wait did you do with British council? I did my exams with Abu Dhabi British council and called them up- they said i should receive either the login for results plus or the results today or tomorrow via SMS or email. However, the woman doesn't seem too sure about it until i had asked specifically if i was going to get my results this way.

yeah same here the woman said something about the email, but she still wasn't too sure on more details, wait and see if guess...
yeah same here the woman said something about the email, but she still wasn't too sure on more details, wait and see if guess...

Have you received your results yet? Still don't have mine
Have you received your results yet? Still don't have mine

I'm literally sitting in front of a computer trying to log in, it says to come back at 9:00 am BST, which is right now, but still can't log in lol...
I'm literally sitting in front of a computer trying to log in, it says to come back at 9:00 am BST, which is right now, but still can't log in lol...

You have your login already? I've been calling them and emailing non-stop- they keep saying we will update you when we get the results.
You have your login already? I've been calling them and emailing non-stop- they keep saying we will update you when we get the results.

yeah I got a code to register my account, but there's no point can't even login rn 😂
Reply 19
Original post by zoae

So, how did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest