The Student Room Group

King Edward VI Camp Hill 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Your welcome! And make sure to update me as I’m stressing out for it so bad😭
Reply 41
Original post by korosensei
You go Camp Hill, right? What's it like compared to your last school?

I'm 10 years out the school. It's moved on quite a bit from when I was there, but honestly, the level of teaching and the expectations of you certainly drive you to where you want to be in life.

Make the most of it if you get in, it's a fantastic experience.
Original post by Tubbz
I'm 10 years out the school. It's moved on quite a bit from when I was there, but honestly, the level of teaching and the expectations of you certainly drive you to where you want to be in life.

I'm gonna have to apply on results day if I want to go there. Is it a rough school (fights, druggies etc)?
Reply 43
I'm gonna have to apply on results day if I want to go there. Is it a rough school (fights, druggies etc)?

No. It's pretty much zero tolerance on that. It's a selective school, so they're more than happy to remove people who wish to engage in that kind of behaviour.
Original post by Tubbz

Thank you! It's good to hear.

Original post by AAA16
Your welcome! And make sure to update me as I’m stressing out for it so bad😭

Interview was earlier today. The interviewer was extremely friendly and kind. We went over my subjects and why I wanted to do them - I talked about my desired career path there, then she asked me why I wanted to go there specifically and how I felt about the school. I was asked to comment on a pollution article. Then she asked if I had any questions about the school. It was really comfortable, not stressful at all in there.
Did anyone hear back from Five Ways?
LOL:smile::smile::smile:
got place at camp hill
interview was 2 questions
what grades do u think you'll get
what position do u play in rugby
nothing else idk y
offered Biology Chemistry Physics and Mathematics
can anyone explain why because im so confused
also got offer form five ways for bio chem physics and history
but then again got 9 in bio and phys, 8 in chem and maths, 7 in history, distinction star in pe, 6 in re, english lang and french, 5 in goegraphy and english lit for the mocks
target grade/ predicted is 7 and 8 for everything more or less
(edited 6 years ago)
Did anyone hear back from Five Ways?

last holiday yes
by letter not email
Original post by smartish student
LOL:smile::smile::smile:
got place at camp hill
interview was 2 questions
what grades do u think you'll get
what position do u play in rugby
nothing else idk y
offered Biology Chemistry Physics and Mathematics
can anyone explain why because im so confused
also got offer form five ways for bio chem physics and history
but then again got 9 in bio and phys, 8 in chem and maths, 7 in history, distinction star in pe, 6 in re, english lang and french, 5 in goegraphy and english lit for the mocks
target grade/ predicted is 7 and 8 for everything more or less

boys or girls?
Original post by smartish student
last holiday yes
by letter not email

How come you recieved a letter so early? I have not heard anything. Did you get in?
Original post by Conniestitution
boys or girls?

boys but i think its harder for girls because they had some sort of test or something
i was really confused, the night before i prepared answers for why i want to study medicine but they hardly asked me anything and at that point i either did amazingly or there was another interview
(interview was on 31st of jan) which was the deadline for applications. they came to our school to promote it saying interviews would take place after the 31st not before
Original post by MoonlightTiger
How come you recieved a letter so early? I have not heard anything. Did you get in?

yeah, offer fr bio chm and history ( 3 a levels)
i inquired about changing history to physics but they havent responded yet
my 1st option is camp hill so im gonna stic to it
i think its because of my achievements like;
bronze d of e
head boy
head teachers award
100 percent attendance here and there
work experience at some health centre
lots of chartity work

also for camp hill mentioned NCS which i will be doing later this year and they wrote it down so it has to be important
has anyone else got a response or was it just me?
from camp hill or five ways
someone in my class got a response form 5 ways as well though
Well I have not heard anything yet from five ways and my other friends haven't either. I didn't realise people got offers so early.
Well I have not heard anything yet from five ways and my other friends haven't either. I didn't realise people got offers so early.

Same I probably got rejected then :frown:

You never know you could have got in, what were your predicted grades?
My sis acc went there, personally im applying to the private school, KEHS later on

Have hope! A guy I know got an offer over a week after the date expected and he thought he had been rejected
You never know you could have got in, what were your predicted grades?

Some 5s, 6s, 7s and a few 8s.
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science.
I also applied to Solihull Sixth Form College, got an offer there but I haven't heard back from Five Ways. Ahhhh is anyone on this forum going to either? lol

Dude, everyone from my school is going to Solihull Sixth Form College

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending