The Student Room Group

Uni tuition fee review and more: Q&A with Sam Gyimah, Minister for Universities

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
He's "only just come across" unconditional if firm offers...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:beard:
He's "only just come across" unconditional if firm offers...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:facepalm:
Hey everyone, the article and video is up :woo:

You can find it here :redface:

Spoiler

Reply 43
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey everyone, the article and video is up :woo:

You can find it here :redface:

Spoiler

Aww @PQ didn't get a question... :console:

Yeah, unfortunately our time got cut a bit short so we didn't have time to include every question :frown:

Not even the peepee one :nope:
Reply 46
Yeah, unfortunately our time got cut a bit short so we didn't have time to include every question :frown:

TBF it covered a fair bit of ground. Nice one :yy:

And I quite like his point that loans mean the universities get the funding direct, whereas a graduate tax puts funding more at the whim of the Treasury.

And I quite like his point that loans mean the universities get the funding direct, whereas a graduate tax puts funding more at the whim of the Treasury.

I like that too, thought it was a good point. :yep: Although he contradicted himself, because he said the student loan funding follows the student and the course, but later he said that an individual's fees subsidise other courses, sooo..... :dontknow:
Reply 48
Original post by PQ
Not even the peepee one :nope:

:pee:

I like that too, thought it was a good point. :yep: Although he contradicted himself, because he said the student loan funding follows the student and the course, but later he said that an individual's fees subsidise other courses, sooo..... :dontknow:

Minister of State contradicts himself, shock! :smile:
He comes across as a decent guy, shame that the government system he works for is so intrinsically untrustworthy.
Thanks for asking my question, shame that the Minister didn't even come close to answering it.:grumble:
Thanks for asking my question (first) - Think he did a good job at answering it.
Didn't ask my question on it being unfair to this year's students if next year's get lower fees :frown:
This was an interesting watch, even though my questions weren't asked I do think a lot of the key issues were covered. It's interesting that's he's very clear certain things "aren't policy" but they were definitely announced like a possible policy.

I do sort of agree that the fees system is good in that the money follows the student directly to the university they've chosen. A good point against a graduate tax.

It would have been good if a question was asked about the lecturer's strike.
TSR asked him everyone's question apart from mine ?? last time I bother with this format

skipped me to ask the question of the person who posted after me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending