The Student Room Group

Quitting University

Hi
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by h325
Hi,
Really need some advise about what to do. I have skipped three weeks of university and am now getting emails about my attendance as well as avoiding group projects. I'm wanting to quit university due to my mental health continuing to deteriorate but I am having to stay till at least early April due to student finance and paying for accommodation. I am not enjoying my course as I find it is basically all common sense and rather dull on top of the fact I never really wanted to go to this university. I've emailed my teachers saying I am ill but they have asked for me to explain further, do I say it's depression and am not coping very well or do I say something else as I don't believe they will accept not coping as a good enough reason.
Any answers will be much appreciated as this is getting overwhelming for me.

If you withdraw for health reasons then your university can request an additional 60 days of student funding from SFE after your date of withdrawal. Have you seen anyone about your mental health (doctors/counsellors etc?) because you'll need some sort of evidence (plus...it's a good idea anyway if you feel like you're deteriorating to start the process of getting some support). Your university should have a student support/counselling type service - if you approach them for help then they should be able to help you not only with your mental health but with navigating the bureaucracy of leaving/student finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending