The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Transferring to LLB Law - Second Year

Hi, I am currently at a university doing LLB Law, but I am not really enjoying the uni and the options are not what I want. I was wondering what the possibility of transferring into second year law at the University of Westminster was? Thanks for your help xx
Original post by Studentt200
Hi, I am currently at a university doing LLB Law, but I am not really enjoying the uni and the options are not what I want. I was wondering what the possibility of transferring into second year law at the University of Westminster was? Thanks for your help xx

Hi there

We do accept transfers into Year 2 of our LLB Law degree at Westminster and would welcome an application from you. All you need to do is submit a new UCAS application for Year 2 (entry point 2) for the LLB course. You'll need to pass Year 1 at your uni with an overall grade of 55% and above with no failed modules. You'll be asked to produce a transcript of your study in the summer when you get your exam results.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

We do accept transfers into Year 2 of our LLB Law degree at Westminster and would welcome an application from you. All you need to do is submit a new UCAS application for Year 2 (entry point 2) for the LLB course. You'll need to pass Year 1 at your uni with an overall grade of 55% and above with no failed modules. You'll be asked to produce a transcript of your study in the summer when you get your exam results.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Hi Kim, oh my gosh, thank you so much for your reply. I will start to prepare my UCAS application.

I just have two more questions.

Do the modules I take at my current university have to match the modules done at the University of Westminster? and, Are the A Level entry requirements considered for second year entry??

Thank you
Original post by Studentt200
Hi Kim, oh my gosh, thank you so much for your reply. I will start to prepare my UCAS application.

I just have two more questions.

Do the modules I take at my current university have to match the modules done at the University of Westminster? and, Are the A Level entry requirements considered for second year entry??

Thank you

Hi

As long as you are studying an LLB Law Honours degree in a UK university and you pass all modules in Year 1 then you should be fine to start at Westminster in Year 2. You should aim on passing with an overall 2:2 grade from your 1st year. The admissions team will look at your A Level grades as well.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending