The Student Room Group

Why can’t I stop being like this?

Every time I talk to a boy I am extremely into them, however as soon as they’re into me I cut it off there and then (by cut it off I mean us talking) does anyone else do this?

Scroll to see replies

well this is pretty mean and rude of you , just don't talk to boys ever
I sometimes understand that feeling.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I sometimes understand that feeling.

nobody knows that better than me
Well if you really like someone, you wouldn't cut them off. But if you do that it's probably because you are nervous or not ready to go to the next level. Honestly try not to do it, you'll regret it later on and who knows, that convo you cut off could of been a long term relationship and you let it go. Don't be shy or nervous and give it a shot, you don't lose anything from just talking to someone, you'll never know what you'll get out of it.
Reply 5
Original post by Ray_Shadows
well this is pretty mean and rude of you , just don't talk to boys ever

It’s not, would you rather me go out with them and pretend I like them?
Original post by Anonymous
It’s not, would you rather me go out with them and pretend I like them?

well no but what's the point of getting boys interested with you (and vice versa) when you're just gonna cut them of , you're just gonna leave them heartbroken
Reply 7
Original post by alicesmiloves
Well if you really like someone, you wouldn't cut them off. But if you do that it's probably because you are nervous or not ready to go to the next level. Honestly try not to do it, you'll regret it later on and who knows, that convo you cut off could of been a long term relationship and you let it go. Don't be shy or nervous and give it a shot, you don't lose anything from just talking to someone, you'll never know what you'll get out of it.

And I did REALLY like them, like a lot. And I felt ready for a relationship and really wanted one. But as soon as they like me back I lose the feeling and don’t want a boyfriend, yet when I stop talking to them I want a boyfriend again but then it’s too late and it’s a vicious circle.
Reply 8
well no but what's the point of getting boys interested with you (and vice versa) when you're just gonna cut them of , you're just gonna leave them heartbroken

I know, I feel bad for it but I just don’t know how I can change it! As soon as they show the littlest interest and I literally mean littlest like sending kisses I stop talking to them, and I do it every time.
You obviously just didn't like them as much as you thought you did. Try not to do it and be clearer about things
I know, I feel bad for it but I just don’t know how I can change it! As soon as they show the littlest interest and I literally mean littlest like sending kisses I stop talking to them, and I do it every time.

exactly , try to put yourself in the boys perspective , would u like it if there was this really cute boy who kept messaging you and clearly into , but the moment you start liking him back he cuts communication , how would u feel ?
And I did REALLY like them, like a lot. And I felt ready for a relationship and really wanted one. But as soon as they like me back I lose the feeling and don’t want a boyfriend, yet when I stop talking to them I want a boyfriend again but then it’s too late and it’s a vicious circle.

I do that same to same!
Every time I talk to a boy I am extremely into them, however as soon as they’re into me I cut it off there and then (by cut it off I mean us talking) does anyone else do this?

Basically you want the validation and attention and that’s it.

Not that uncommon, that’s why there are so many women in their late 20s who do nothing but moan about how there’s no one decent out there for them when they spent their teens and early 20s turning everyone down for ego boosts.

The only thing I can suggest is investing in big jumpers and chocolate bars and downloads of Love Actually and Dirty Dancing.

Oh yeah- and get a cat. Maybe two.
exactly , try to put yourself in the boys perspective , would u like it if there was this really cute boy who kept messaging you and clearly into , but the moment you start liking him back he cuts communication , how would u feel ?

It’s not that, but I understand. It’s just, when I really want him to like me his personality is so attractive he actually become attractive in my eyes, however now once he starts to show interest I don’t feel like he looks attractive? I don’t even know if I’m making sense, sorry.

You have a low self esteem and subconsciously believe you don't deserve to be liked or cared for that way. My guess, might not be true. Here's a video that might explain it a little better. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DBqyChjVdM3E&ved=0ahUKEwj3396FnN3ZAhWH66QKHfG3AmkQwqsBCCgwAA&usg=AOvVaw2mej9WXTpWA46ULk9qn1sd
It’s not that, but I understand. It’s just, when I really want him to like me his personality is so attractive he actually become attractive in my eyes, however now once he starts to show interest I don’t feel like he looks attractive? I don’t even know if I’m making sense, sorry.

ahh whose to say what's normal , cause the thing is you got to stop this now before they start telling everyone what you're like then everyone will down on you (girls and boys) so it's really for ur own good
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I do that same to same!

It’s so frustrating I wish I didn’t do it!
ahh whose to say what's normal , cause the thing is you got to stop this now before they start telling everyone what you're like then everyone will down on you (girls and boys) so it's really for ur own good

Yeah I guess, I mean I’m leaving school in around 2 months so I’m hoping there will be someone in the sixth form who’s right for me both personality and looks wise.
Original post by tabbyglitter
You have a low self esteem and subconsciously believe you don't deserve to be liked or cared for that way. My guess, might not be true. Here's a video that might explain it a little better. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DBqyChjVdM3E&ved=0ahUKEwj3396FnN3ZAhWH66QKHfG3AmkQwqsBCCgwAA&usg=AOvVaw2mej9WXTpWA46ULk9qn1sd

Yep that definitely sounds like me aha.
Yeah I guess, I mean I’m leaving school in around 2 months so I’m hoping there will be someone in the sixth form who’s right for me both personality and looks wise.

whats ur snap?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending