The Student Room Group

What does 'false hope' means?

2 weeks ago i found out about this girl and send her a txt. Ever since then we talked almost everyday and had fun. Yesterday i told her how i feel about her and that i enjoyed talking to her and that i want to spend time together with her if she wants.
She told me that she like the way i think and that i am a cool guy but she didn't got over her ex and she is still confused. Also told me that she like talking to me and that she doesn't want to give me false hopes but that doesn't mean we can't talk or spend time together. But at the end she told me that she saw me from the beginning as a friend. Idk what to think about this..
She isn't interested, in short.

If she felt that way about you, she wouldn't risk you getting away.

If you value her as a friend, then try and realise that if you were right together she'd have feelings for you, and enjoy the friendship.
It means don't get your hopes up. Don't hope for something that probably won't happen.
Reply 3
Original post by ScrubbyAlder
She isn't interested, in short.

If she felt that way about you, she wouldn't risk you getting away.

If you value her as a friend, then try and realise that if you were right together she'd have feelings for you, and enjoy the friendship.

Are you saying to keep being her friend and wait for her to sort things out?

And what do you mean by 'If she felt that way about you, she wouldn't risk you getting away.'? What way?
Original post by Anonymous
Are you saying to keep being her friend and wait for her to sort things out?

And what do you mean by 'If she felt that way about you, she wouldn't risk you getting away.'? What way?

Think now: you're not interested in that way at all. Think of one of your other friends with whom you associate with no romantic over/undertones. Would she be that? Would you associate with her if there wasn't the idea of a relationship?

If so, and you must be dead honest with yourself, then keep talking to her. If not, then you're just wasting eachother's time.

As for you getting away: people don't want to lose what they like. If she liked you in that way, telling you she thinks of you as a friend is inviting you to find someone else as a girlfriend. Some people, granted, do that as a power play, but usually it means that they have no jealousy about you, meaning they're not interested.
Reply 5
Original post by ScrubbyAlder
Think now: you're not interested in that way at all. Think of one of your other friends with whom you associate with no romantic over/undertones. Would she be that? Would you associate with her if there wasn't the idea of a relationship?

If so, and you must be dead honest with yourself, then keep talking to her. If not, then you're just wasting eachother's time.

As for you getting away: people don't want to lose what they like. If she liked you in that way, telling you she thinks of you as a friend is inviting you to find someone else as a girlfriend. Some people, granted, do that as a power play, but usually it means that they have no jealousy about you, meaning they're not interested.

If she didnt wanted something in the future, wouldnt she just get rid of me? Instead she tould me that she wants to spend time together and keep talking. But right now she hasnt got over her ex
Reply 6
Right?
Reply 7
Not to sugar coat it, its a very depressing expression that I don't think a girl would say to anyone that she had a remote intention to have a sexual relationship with.
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
Not to sugar coat it, its a very depressing expression that I don't think a girl would say to anyone that she had a remote intention to have a sexual relationship with.

If you are reffering to her saying about not getting over her ex, it was me who told her that i know she hasn't got over her ex.. and if she wants time i will wait for her
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
If you are reffering to her saying about not getting over her ex, it was me who told her that i know she hasn't got over her ex.. and if she wants time i will wait for her

No it was the false hope which is a bit of standard friendzoning condescension. Hope I'm wrong but doubt it. At least work on a Plan B while waiting.
Sad...
Sometimes feelings aren’t reciprocated. Move on. She’ll probably feel weird around you knowing that you may be wanting more.
I'm thinking that she friendzoned me because i was too nice to her. I will keep talking to her and hangout (she said she will like to) but i'm gonna stop being nice like i was and start being an '*******' but not in the mean way and flirting once in a while and teasing her. Maybe will change something.. what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending