The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Capture.PNG

Jose got these guys #obsessed
Original post by James.Carnell
It's not Mou that made DDG pull off that stunning save or made Matic score a flukey screamer.

Well, Mourinho picked him, he wouldn't have saved that if he was on the bench
Original post by S.G.
You guys are actually so lucky De Gea has no ambition. Call me salty all you want but you know it’s true. At least Hazard and co have been winning real trophies in between these minor consequences of our transfer policy.

That sounds like a lame ass excuse to try and justify the mass exodus of your players at the end of the season.
Reply 643
Original post by Louis.
Capture.PNG

Jose got these guys #obsessed

I just want him back
What a strike by Matic.. no wonder Mourinho loves him.

To back himself (he's meant to be a DM) to strike that ball like that is ridiculous self-belief.
Reply 645
Original post by That Bearded Man
That sounds like a lame ass excuse to try and justify the mass exodus of your players at the end of the season.

I know man. Why can’t our players have the same lack of ambition as United’s? :frown:

In other news, Mourinho defends Chelsea. The end is nigh.
Imagine the state of us if de Gea's move to Madrid in 2015 didn't fall through.
If only Chelsea players showed as much fight as their fans.

Maybe they wouldn't be 25 points off the top despite being defending champions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 648
Original post by qasidb
Imagine the state of us if de Gea's move to Madrid in 2015 didn't fall through.

Madrid would also be unstoppable.
"Sack Jose because he doesn't play attacking football like Spurs or Liverpool and parks the bus".

-Spurs get knocked out by Juve despite being dominant AF. Juve "parked the bus" and picked them off on the counter attack.

-PSG get knocked out by Real despite being dominant AF. Real did the same and picked them off on the counter attack.

Once again showing dominance doesn't really mean anything in football, a team can have the ball all game and look "nice" but still get knocked out when it really matters. Food for thought if you were ever Jose out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by trapking
"Sack Jose because he doesn't play attacking football like Spurs or Liverpool and parks the bus".

-Spurs get knocked out by Juve despite being dominant AF. Juve "parked the bus" and picked them off on the counter attack.

-PSG get knocked out by Real despite being dominant AF. Real did the same and picked them off on the counter attack.

Once again showing dominance doesn't really mean anything in football, a team can have the ball all game and look "nice" but still get knocked out when it really matters. Food for thought if you were ever Jose out.

only thing is when Mourinho does it it's parking the bus, when Allegri does it it's good, tactical, Italian defending.
Reply 651
Karius vs De Gea

Good choice for a professional debate
639C534A-4DE7-40BE-AB4A-0C4477F33D24.jpeg
Big difference between defensive masterclass and PTB.

Juve did the former.
Original post by S.G.
Karius vs De Gea

Good choice for a professional debate
639C534A-4DE7-40BE-AB4A-0C4477F33D24.jpeg

Shortest debate ever
What team are people thinking we will play on Satuday, something similiar to the Chelsea game?
Original post by Rk2k14
Big difference between defensive masterclass and PTB.

Juve did the former.
To an extent I agree but Juve conceded too many opportunities to call it a defensive masterclass. Over the two legs, they first let Spurs back into a tie they owned 10 minutes into the game. They struggled and went behind in the second legs.

A defensive masterclass it more like ceding possession yet restricting your opponent to speculative efforts while and creating perhaps couple goals from high quality chances. A manager sitting on the bench relying upon top quality finishes and saves to tilt the game in your favour isn't a masterclass.

Allegri really deserves credit for the changes he made to turn the tide of the game, but Spurs deserved their three goals and more, so he can't take that much credit for the defensive display.
Original post by Fizzel
To an extent I agree but Juve conceded too many opportunities to call it a defensive masterclass. Over the two legs, they first let Spurs back into a tie they owned 10 minutes into the game. They struggled and went behind in the second legs.

A defensive masterclass it more like ceding possession yet restricting your opponent to speculative efforts while and creating perhaps couple goals from high quality chances. A manager sitting on the bench relying upon top quality finishes and saves to tilt the game in your favour isn't a masterclass.

Allegri really deserves credit for the changes he made to turn the tide of the game, but Spurs deserved their three goals and more, so he can't take that much credit for the defensive display.

Dont really recall Spurs having many solid chances when Juve took the lead. Kane one but that was offside.
Last 20 odd minutes from Juve was brilliant defending though. Chiellini especially.

More of the point, Juve actually did look like they had a plan going forward. Especially with the introduction of the wing-backs. Spurs were really struggling out wide and Allegri exploited that.
Thats why I think its a big disservice to Juve to say it was PTB. That was what we did at Anfield this year. We had no intention of attacking from the offset and when we rarely got into their final third it was like uncharted territory.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
What team are people thinking we will play on Satuday, something similiar to the Chelsea game?

I think we'll play Mata with Sanchez and Lukaku. Young, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly.

Think we're right to keep Mata/Lingard on the bench. wpuld like to see Martial. Also I'm happy with Lindelof so id love to see him play again
Original post by That Bearded Man
I think we'll play Mata with Sanchez and Lukaku. Young, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly.

Think we're right to keep Mata/Lingard on the bench. wpuld like to see Martial. Also I'm happy with Lindelof so id love to see him play again

Martial needs to feature for you in my opinion - his dribbling ability could certainly cause our RB major problems, especially if it’s TAA and not Gomez.

I’m expecting Mourinho to go fully defensive like he always does. It’s sad to see it from Manchester United at home, but equally it is the most effective way to compete against us. Reduce the space in your third and we can’t really do anything since we don’t have a KDB/Özil type player to make that critical pass.

You will just have to be really cautious in attack; if you’re loose in possession we’ll be right on you for the counter.

I don’t expect us to win though. I’m never confident against you guys...
Original post by Lúcio
I don’t expect us to win though. I’m never confident against you guys...

"Never confident"? Lel, seems like you're forgetting your overconfidence before the Juanfield match in 2015.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest