The Student Room Group

Russiaphobia Is Out of Control

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dodo0099
Seriously even if it broke up in mid air the contaminants would spread.

plus if normal ballistic missiles and nukes are launched at the same time, the chances of interception are significantly reduced.

Oh yes but as a general rule of thumb an interceptor striking a warhead is unlikely to cause any form of detonation and the properties of uranium and plutonium mean that any contamination from their being dispersed are moderate in their effects

Possibly however given the cost of these missilesni doubt anyone would try that - equally that's why the Russians like to stuff their warheads full of decoys. At any rate I stand by my opinion that at present abm technology is woefully lacking and serves little use beyond publicity
Original post by Chucke1992
The problem is that russian government is indeed criminal. And the most of world sees that. But nowadays they are trying to interfere in Europe and that is something europeans and co. cannot allow (mafia in the government is not that great idea).

So they are trying to find any reason to attack Russia and to punish it.

First of all, the Russian government have done less crimes against humanity than US. "
The Mafia state" books, articles, and other stories are part of the media. Knowing that US-eu are allied economic and military powers (NATO) and are in sharp geopolitical competition with Russian Federation, it would be absolutely stupid to think that anything they publish on the media outlet about Russian federation will be positive or real, especially if the category is international politics.

Please use logics and critical thinking before coming to the conclusion on who is bad and good.

The real bad boys are US and EU politicians , and they greatly use the status of being leaders of first world countries and great heroes of social issues to generate a strong popularity. As western politicians can easily get popularity by addressing and solving social issues , most of the things they say on foreign politics seems to be realistic for the western herd. 90% of western leaders have utilised this element for their advantage in shaping the opinion about Russia in order to push their geopolitical agenda. As an example, right after the downing of MH17, without starting any kind of investigation, media outlets of every western country have synchronically and directly/indirectly mentioned Donbass and Russian Federation being responsible for shooting down the civilian aircraft.

-Homophobia, racism,poverty and human rights in general are the topics that western politicians use to appeal to the audience.
-Security, economic development, demographic issues and geopolitics are the topics that the Russian people worried about. Putin performs well solving those issues, at the end of the day he is the one behind the wheel. And this is the reason why he has a such a huge popularity

And as you have guessed, the priorities of governments from any developed countries are security and social well being. Economies are more established and complex so less emphasis is needed for those issues because the highest growth can be seen through innovation and technological discovery in those economies.
The number one priority of governments from developing countries are economic and foreign politics because there is much more work to be done.

Why this is relevant? Everything I said in the last two paragraphs are the reason that Putin is still a president and it is a logical threat for the dominant American foreign policy. This is the reason there is more fake propaganda against Russia than against the west, what RT is doing is called counter-propaganda.

Unfortunately , mainstream media exists because it reduces uncertainty, even if the mainstream opinion is artificial and wrong
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Dodo0099
Seriously even if it broke up in mid air the contaminants would spread.

plus if normal ballistic missiles and nukes are launched at the same time, the chances of interception are significantly reduced.

I didn't disagree with you on those points I just said militaries utilise decoy reentry vehicles instead of firing countless very expensive missiles
Original post by Napp
I didn't disagree with you on those points I just said militaries utilise decoy reentry vehicles instead of firing countless very expensive missiles

Not doubting you, but conventional warheads are a hell of a lot cheaper....
Original post by Stolyarov Daniel
First of all, the Russian government have done less crimes against humanity than US. "
The Mafia state" books, articles, and other stories are part of the media. Knowing that US-eu are allied economic and military powers (NATO) and are in sharp geopolitical competition with Russian Federation, it would be absolutely stupid to think that anything they publish on the media outlet about Russian federation will be positive or real, especially if the category is international politics.

Please use logics and critical thinking before coming to the conclusion on who is bad and good.

The real bad boys are US and EU politicians , and they greatly use the status of being leaders of first world countries and great heroes of social issues to generate a strong popularity. As western politicians can easily get popularity by addressing and solving social issues , most of the things they say on foreign politics seems to be realistic for the western herd. 90% of western leaders have utilised this element for their advantage in shaping the opinion about Russia in order to push their geopolitical agenda. As an example, right after the downing of MH17, without starting any kind of investigation, media outlets of every western country have synchronically and directly/indirectly mentioned Donbass and Russian Federation being responsible for shooting down the civilian aircraft.

-Homophobia, racism,poverty and human rights in general are the topics that western politicians use to appeal to the audience.
-Security, economic development, demographic issues and geopolitics are the topics that the Russian people worried about. Putin performs well solving those issues, at the end of the day he is the one behind the wheel. And this is the reason why he has a such a huge popularity

And as you have guessed, the priorities of governments from any developed countries are security and social well being. Economies are more established and complex so less emphasis is needed for those issues because the highest growth can be seen through innovation and technological discovery in those economies.
The number one priority of governments from developing countries are economic and foreign politics because there is much more work to be done.

Why this is relevant? Everything I said in the last two paragraphs are the reason that Putin is still a president and it is a logical threat for the dominant American foreign policy. This is the reason there is more fake propaganda against Russia than against the west, what RT is doing is called counter-propaganda.

Unfortunately , mainstream media exists because it reduces uncertainty, even if the mainstream opinion is artificial and wrong

Sorry to break it to you, but you are wrong... First of all, you need to remember the history of Russia and with Putin saying that the collapse of the USSR was the biggest disaster in the world I am worried. Also, Russia has occupied parts of Georgia and Ukraine. Not only that, a lot of Russian politics have threatened to occupy the Baltic states as well. Now, as far as propaganda is concerned, I can tell you that their propaganda is much worse than the West's. I can give you specific examples if you require as I live in Lithuania and Russia is our dear neighbour. I live 100km from Kaliningrad and 1/5 of the residents in my city are russian, so I am certain that I know quite a bit about them :smile:
You should also remember that Putin and Lukashenko are dictators. Putin is ruling the country since 2000 and Lukashenko since 1994. If you think they've improved the situation there, You are free to visit. Just try visiting other cities instead of Moscow and St. Petersburg, as the inequality in Russia is huge... Most of the people there are nice and Russia could've been one of the wealthier countries in the world right now if not for their government...
(edited 6 years ago)
Of course, because russian level is just to do crimes against its own people. That's their level.

There is nothing positive in Putin's politics - if you only don't consider immigration of people from Turkmenistan and others (giving them citizenship for free), money pumping in Chechnya, outlawing criticism of dagenstan and others, raising taxes for everything, spending pension funds into private pockets, closing schools, introducing religion classes at schools, corruption everywhere, families having multiple branches in the region under their hood as good politics

I don't believe in everything - that's why I spend time on both sides.

That's another thing. But that is a typical action of strong - after all what response you can get from a government that send its children to west, buy property there, buying USA obligations...You know during soviets there always was propaganda akin current in NK. They need a trigger and Russia gives carte blanche because bandits can't play chess

Because west economics - in certain countries a least - work just fine. Regarding Russian economy you probably live in the oblivion but current russia fell from soviet level of economy that could oppose half of the world or at least USA (like modern china) to the level of Tsar's Russia. Thanks to mighty Putin I guess.

Also he doesn't such big popularity among those who have some brains - well they can draw any ranking - it is not a new thing there lol

Putin is still president because he elects himself basically - the only way he can leave the position - by committing suicide or dead. At least until his successor would guarantee his protection.

Because tensions among people is already rising.
Of course, because russian level is just to do crimes against its own people. That's their level.

There is nothing positive in Putin's politics - if you only don't consider immigration of people from Turkmenistan and others (giving them citizenship for free), money pumping in Chechnya, outlawing criticism of dagenstan and others, raising taxes for everything, spending pension funds into private pockets, closing schools, introducing religion classes at schools, corruption everywhere, families having multiple branches in the region under their hood as good politics

That's another thing. But that is a typical action of strong - after all what response you can get from a government that send its children to west, buy property there, buying USA obligations...You know during soviets there always was propaganda akin current in NK. They need a trigger and Russia gives carte blanche because bandits can't play chess

Because west economics - in certain countries a least - work just fine. Regarding Russian economy you probably live in the oblivion but current russia fell from soviet level of economy that could oppose half of the world or at least USA (like modern china) to the level of Tsar's Russia. Thanks to mighty Putin I guess.

Also he doesn't such big popularity among those who have some brains - well they can draw any ranking - it is not a new thing there lol

Putin is still president because he elects himself basically - the only way he can leave the position - by committing suicide or dead. At least until his successor would guarantee his protection.

You are quite well informed, basically everything you just said is true.
Original post by martis_ltu
Sorry to break it to you, but you are wrong... First of all, you need to remember the history of Russia and with Putin saying that the collapse of the USSR was the biggest disaster in the world I am worried. Also, Russia has occupied parts of Georgia and Ukraine. Not only that, a lot of Russian politics have threatened to occupy the Baltic states as well. Now, as far as propaganda is concerned, I can tell you that their propaganda is much worse than the West's. I can give you specific examples if you require as I live in Lithuania and Russia is our dear neighbour. I live 100km from Kaliningrad and 1/5 of the residents in my city are russian, so I am certain that I know quite a bit about them :smile:

You did not understand what he meant, the reason the collpse of the USSR was the biggest GEOPOLITICAL disaster is because 20 million russians lost their home and end up being in other states. Losing loads of land , as the result communist politics, Russian Federation has ended up having much less sphere of influence than it should have. Thus, breaking the geopolitical balance between Russia and USA

RF did not occupy georgia, it was georgia who invaded South Osetia and Russia took measures against that. The result of Georgian Conflict? Saakashvilli cannot come back to Georgia because of the crimes. If Russia wanted to really invade Georgia it could do so without any difficult, we could easily reach Tbilissi but we did not because the purpose was to protect South Osetia.

There is no need to invade baltic states because they are of little significance. Russia does everything to improve the relations with neighbouring countries and push their sphere influence (because Russia is a superpower).

Please give me an example of Russian propaganda in lithuania.
Reply 29

As the other learned user pointed out it was the ex-Georgian presidents actions that led to Russia coming to the rescue of the breakaway republics. If he didnt try and massacre them by shelling a city it likely wouldnt have been an issue.
You should also remember that Putin and Lukashenko are dictators. Putin is ruling the country since 2000 and Lukashenko since 1994. If you think they've improved the situation there, You are free to visit. Just try visiting other cities instead of Moscow and St. Petersburg, as the inequality in Russia is huge... Most of the people there are nice and Russia could've been one of the wealthier countries in the world right now if not for their government...

You cannot say that Putin is dictator because he is in office for so many years. For a developing countries like Russia Federation, especially starting from the total corruption( Yeltsin and the Seven Banker), it was a very difficult task. Of course , European countries are well established in the international political arena and in terms of economics, thats why they can have different leadership all the time, though mostly there are 2 Political parties in those countries.
I was living in Russia as I am Russian, and I know more about the situation in Moscow region and other parts of Russia than you, the problem of inequality is a difficult task to resolve especially for developing countries (Look at the inequality in US). And anyway, the inequality in Russia is present because the productivity of capital and infrastructures is poorly developed as well as beurocracy and corruption in Regios far from the Kremlin. Russia is very difficult to develop because of the scale of the country. Infrastructure is very costly and difficult to develop.
The problem Russia is facing is the geopolitical pressure, if Russia could freelu focus on economic development than it would be perfect. However we are not in perfect world, we have a geopolitical competition in the international arena. All Russia did is to protect its Gas supply to europe, there were a lot of attempts of the West to substitute Russian gas with African and Middle-eastern. An example was Maidan coupe, Kiev was economically not ready to sign the association with EU, however agents provocateurs have shot the civillians and made it look like government forces were shooting civilians. As majority of Russian gaspipilines, at that time was going through Ukraine and because of the geographical position of the country. It was always an important geopolitical arena between west and Russia. Look at how many orange revolutions occured in the past 30 years.

Syria is also of significant geopolitical importance for Russia, the Qatar-Turkey pipeline project was the real threat to the poorly diversified Russian economy. The attempt to coupe the Syrian government, which is officially supported by the majority was syrians would be very benefitical for US-EU. All these terrorists associated rebels financed by US makes me sick
Original post by Napp
As the other learned user pointed out it was the ex-Georgian presidents actions that led to Russia coming to the rescue of the breakaway republics. If he didnt try and massacre them by shelling a city it likely wouldnt have been an issue.

By 1 August 2008, Ossetian separatists began shelling Georgian villages, with a sporadic response from Georgian peacekeepers in the region.Artillery attacks by pro-Russian separatists broke a 1992 ceasefire agreement. Really?

You are talking ********, get some brain
By 1 August 2008, Ossetian separatists began shelling Georgian villages, with a sporadic response from Georgian peacekeepers in the region.Artillery attacks by pro-Russian separatists broke a 1992 ceasefire agreement. Really?

Saakashivilli was really nervous with that bull poo, he even started eating his own tie infront of camera
Original post by alextheowl
Being part Russian, there is a reason why I don't live there. The people are brainwashed (most of them genuinely support Putin - but then again, there's not much choice) and the corruption is bad.

But it's true - the cold war never ended. Sometimes, the anti-Russian propaganda is so blatantly obvious and ridiculous that it is funny. The hypocrisy from countries like the US is mind-blowing, and it's clear that the sanctioning sprees are solely political and a product of corruption in itself.

Throughout history, political fear mongering has lead to catastrophic events. I'm worried that it's only the calm before the storm.

The % of Russian who have the Higher education is highest in europe. Not to mention that Russia is number one in terms of literacy rate overall. The popular topic of conversation is politics, not Mcdonald and pornography.

People are not brainwashed because they can use brain unlike US
Original post by alextheowl
Oh I agree, the US is one of the most brainwashed countries in the world - moreso than Russia. And let's not even start on general knowledge. But I still believe that Russians are incredibly brainwashed in their support for Putin.

Before coming to the conclusion of Russians being brainwashed, ask yourself the reason? What Putin have done in terms of economics and political war? Then come to conclusion.

Popularity comes from performance, not media.
(edited 6 years ago)
You did not understand what he meant, the reason the collpse of the USSR was the biggest GEOPOLITICAL disaster is because 20 million russians lost their home and end up being in other states. Losing loads of land , as the result communist politics, Russian Federation has ended up having much less sphere of influence than it should have. Thus, breaking the geopolitical balance between Russia and USA

RF did not occupy georgia, it was georgia who invaded South Osetia and Russia took measures against that. The result of Georgian Conflict? Saakashvilli cannot come back to Georgia because of the crimes. If Russia wanted to really invade Georgia it could do so without any difficult, we could easily reach Tbilissi but we did not because the purpose was to protect South Osetia.

There is no need to invade baltic states because they are of little significance. Russia does everything to improve the relations with neighbouring countries and push their sphere influence (because Russia is a superpower).

Please give me an example of Russian propaganda in lithuania.

1. Russian minorities are being oppressed in Lithuania.
2. Russian children are being kidnapped in Lithuania. (Though I can't find any sources on this anymore, it must have been deleted).
3. Lithuania trained snipers to shoot at people during MAIDAN.
4. The freedom movements of soviet countries were organized by the U.S, and nobody actually wanted to leave USSR.
5. Lithuanians are fascists ( I don't know where they get that from, but that is thrown around sometime. Applies pretty much to all Baltic states now, Ukraine as well.)
6. NATO wants to attack us so we must fight back!!! ( During every defensive nato exercise which consists of a few thousand troops in NATO territory. Russia responds with huge offensive exercises.( ZAPAD 2017 https://g1.dcdn.lt/images/pix/pratybos-zapad-75614305.jpg They renamed Latvia, Lithuania and poland and made them enemies) )
7. Everyone deserved to be deported during the soviet times. ( Idk if the official media says so, but some russians certainly do.)
8. Baltic partisans were fascists and were working with SS.
9. The U.S is pure evil and basically everything bad that has happend is because of yanks. ( My pro-russian grandfather actually told me that, he watches a lot of russian TV...)
10. MAIDAN was organized by the west.
11. There are no russian troops in Crimea ( OOps..)
12. Ukrainian separatists have nothing to do with russia and they only receive humanitarian aid. ( There are videos of tanks being sent in Luhanks by train)
13. Crimea is Russian territory. (Should Lithuania get belarus and a small chunk of western Russia and Ukraine as well then?)
14. New evidence that the snipers that killed 49 protesters on Maidan square in February 2014 were Georgian and took orders from the Maidan leaders, not from the Yanukovych regime. - Sputnik
15. MH17. The plane was shot down by Ukrainian fighter jets.
16. In a case from December 2017, a commentator on Russia’s state-controlled NTV said the following: “What is now happening in Latvia is a linguistic genocide of Russian-speakers, moving towards an ethnic genocide” (watch the Russian quote with English subtitles in the video above).
17. “Nobody in Kyiv wants to negotiate peacefully. They are going to conduct a genocide in Donetsk and Luhansk”. It is worth noting that human rights missions that travelled to Ukraine in 2014 did not find evidence that the Russian minority would have been in danger.
18. Lithuanian History is not real. Lithuanian history belongs to belarus, because it was the real great duchy of Lithuania.
19. Estonian population has decreased by 800k since leaving the Soviet Union.( I can't believe that they actually said that :biggrin: )
20. Polish people hate and discriminate against Russians ( Turns out that every country with a russian minority does that...)
21. The Baltic countries should be thankful because they were allowed to leave the Soviet Union.
22. Gay politicians are being installed in Europe . They force children to change sex. ( And they call europe 'gayrope' :biggrin:)
That's just a few, I don't actually remember most of them, however, I can provide more. I am certain I can find sources for most of them, ask if you want them (And tell me the no., cause I won't waste my tame searching for all of them). By the way, not all of these are about Lithuania, so I apologize in advance.

However, I should mention that sometimes I can be a little subjective since my relatives were deported to Siberia and as such I tend to get emotional, so if you find any inaccuracies in my statements, please point them out to me. Thanks :smile:
The % of Russian who have the Higher education is highest in europe. Not to mention that Russia is number one in terms of literacy rate overall. The popular topic of conversation is politics, not Mcdonald and pornography.

People are not brainwashed because they can use brain unlike US

Sorry for breaking one of your fantasies :smile:.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate
Also, as you can see, literacy rate and the rate of higher education does not reflect the country and is not always accurate(North Korea..)
The problem with Russians is that they still imagine Russia as an empire and superpower and Putin wants to make that come true. A number of British people think the same way about Great Britain as well, no offense.
4. The freedom movements of soviet countries were organized by the U.S, and nobody actually wanted to leave USSR.
Partially true. When voting 80% or something wanted to keep union but it did not matter - Gorbatchev and Yeltsin made everything to collapse USSR. Though again slav countries wanted to keep union mostly.

6. NATO wants to attack us so we must fight back!!! ( During every defensive nato exercise which consists of a few thousand troops in NATO territory. Russia responds with huge offensive exercises.( ZAPAD 2017 https://g1.dcdn.lt/images/pix/pratybos-zapad-75614305.jpg They renamed Latvia, Lithuania and poland and made them enemies) )
Oh, Nato certainly wants to create a case to invade Russia. So is China by the way (thus training in winter. Also I presume it maybe has something to do with Arctic).

7. Everyone deserved to be deported during the soviet times. ( Idk if the official media says so, but some russians certainly do.)
Well a lot of deported by Stalin deserved that for sure (like chechens and others who 90% or more joined german side during WW). Though Stalin did it a little wrong because he put group of nationalities who hated each other close.

9. The U.S is pure evil and basically everything bad that has happend is because of yanks. ( My pro-russian grandfather actually told me that, he watches a lot of russian TV...)
But it is true no? Most of the middle east conflicts are due to west intervention. I would even say that a lot of modern conflicts are created/left by anglo-saxons.

10. MAIDAN was organized by the west.
Partially true. Though again you cannot create maidan if country is functioning just fine. No reason to do that.

13. Crimea is Russian territory. (Should Lithuania get belarus and a small chunk of western Russia and Ukraine as well then?)
Should crimea go to Turkey? I mean c'mon Chruschev gifted Crimea to Ukrainian SSR and it was a stupid decision.

19. Estonian population has decreased by 800k since leaving the Soviet Union.( I can't believe that they actually said that :biggrin: )
I presume a lot left to Germany and other countries...But I don't really know births and death there. (though some people move to Lithuania from other countries too)

20. Polish people hate and discriminate against Russians ( Turns out that every country with a russian minority does that...)
I would say they hate everybody. And dream of Polish Commonwealth.

22. Gay politicians are being installed in Europe . They force children to change sex. ( And they call europe 'gayrope' :biggrin:)
Some of them are - no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending