The Student Room Group

Life of Pi

How many of you have watched the movie? Which story was real and if the human story was real, what did the island mean?
Original post by Fasih123
How many of you have watched the movie? Which story was real and if the human story was real, what did the island mean?

I have watched it
An actual thread by Fasih that doesn't reek of desperation!

No, I haven't watched it. Do you recommend it?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Know Your Enemy

Yeah I would recommend it. You might cry at the end though just warning you as I did
Reply 4
No one is answering the question and it was not that emotional maybe in the middle it was when the ship sunk
it is an allegory; a young poster finds himself rekt in a banstorm... he must somehow survive with only a troll for company

:emo:

Original post by tiarichards16
I have watched it

No one is answering the question and it was not that emotional maybe in the middle it was when the ship sunk

Really? It looks to me like we have been answering the question. And you haven't answered mine.

I cried when the ship sank and the end.

The film is inspired by an incredible story of man who survived 76 days at sea on raft. The algae island is a symbol of both salvation and temptation. Its very existence tests Pi's faith, as at first the island tempts Pi with an easy life, allowing him to stray from his journey. But slowly began to reveal the danger within the island, if Pi had decided to stay on that island forever then he would be accepting a half life. It could be seen as an island paradise but yet it is not
Really? It looks to me like we have been answering the question. And you haven't answered mine.

I've just answered his question, let see whether he still complains
Reply 9
Original post by the bear
it is an allegory; a young poster finds himself rekt in a banstorm... he must somehow survive with only a troll for company

:emo:

I have posted a thread about it as well and it will make you believe in God
I have posted a thread about it as well and it will make you believe in God

How will it? Things don't make people believe in God, people choose to believe or not believe in God

Quick Reply

Latest