The Student Room Group

fitness blog

hi guys
Im 5’8 and i weigh about 75kg
Ive recently joined the gym and thought i should make this. It could motivate some. Im female, 17.

I’m going on holiday in 2 months and hopefully i can lose at least 10 pounds by then🙂

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please dont take this off anonymous
Original post by Anonymous
hi guys
Im 5’8 and i weigh about 75kg
Ive recently joined the gym and thought i should make this. It could motivate some. Im female, 17.

I’m going on holiday in 2 months and hopefully i can lose at least 10 pounds by then🙂

Da fuch, I'm 6'2 and weigh 75kg.
Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by gyuhbgvhjkbvghjb
Da fuch, I'm 6'2 and weigh 75kg.
Good luck.

Honestly, i haven’t checked in a long time. Im assuming i am.
Reply 4
Good luck , I am looking forward to reading about your progress.
Reply 5
Original post by JaseyB
Good luck , I am looking forward to reading about your progress.

Thanks a lot. I’ll try to post here once a week.
Reply 6
My waist is 37.5 inches
Reply 7
The only thing i ate today was a plate of rice with lamb chicken. Went to the gym and burnt 470 calories 💪🏽
Reply 8
The only thing i ate today was a plate of rice with lamb chicken. Went to the gym and burnt 470 calories 💪🏽

Please do not neglect good eating habits, and try to eat 3 square meals a day as a minimum amount of food.
@Kindred - can you move this to Fitness Blogs ?

As JaseyB said, dont neglect eating properly as that wont do you any good.

As you would've burnt a lot more than 470 calories today. Factor in your Basic Metabolic Rate or BMR. This is roughly the amount of calories your body will burn naturally a day (without you doing anything), in order to keep itself functioning.

Of course, burn more than you consume to lose weight, but please make sure to do it the right way or you'll make yourself ill.
Please dont take this off anonymous

Hi. I'm going to be moving this to fitness blogs cos that's where it belongs. You can't post anon in there, but any posts you have made so far will stay anon.
I think it's really cool that you're doing this so please don't be afraid to post even though you won't be anon any more. It'll be in a forum with a whole load of other people also trying to work on their fitness. :smile:
Original post by Jack22031994
@Kindred - can you move this to Fitness Blogs ?

Original post by Kindred
Hi. I'm going to be moving this to fitness blogs cos that's where it belongs. You can't post anon in there, but any posts you have made so far will stay anon.
I think it's really cool that you're doing this so please don't be afraid to post even though you won't be anon any more. It'll be in a forum with a whole load of other people also trying to work on their fitness. :smile:

It would’ve been nice if you had kept this on anon because now i feel embarrassed
Original post by JaseyB
Please do not neglect good eating habits, and try to eat 3 square meals a day as a minimum amount of food.

I just wanted to see tbh.
Original post by Jheinexx
It would’ve been nice if you had kept this on anon because now i feel embarrassed

I appreciate that and as I said any posts you have already made will remain anon, but this is the section for fitness blogs which is why I moved it.
Here's a link to the guidelines that cover the use of anon so you can understand my decision a bit better:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/life/health/guidelines-for-health-and-relationships
Original post by Kindred
I appreciate that and as I said any posts you have already made will remain anon, but this is the section for fitness blogs which is why I moved it.
Here's a link to the guidelines that cover the use of anon so you can understand my decision a bit better:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/life/health/guidelines-for-health-and-relationships

Well there’s no point of leaving the rest anon but okay. I guess it’s just part of the rules.
My progress will be very slow because i’m not going to be completely cutting out junk out of my life. That would be very very boring. I’m eating less guys
Well there’s no point of leaving the rest anon but okay. I guess it’s just part of the rules.

That's just how it works. We don't un-anon posts.
I get it's a bit annoying for you, but thanks for being understanding. Good luck with your fitness journey and enjoy your holiday. :smile:
Original post by Kindred
That's just how it works. We don't un-anon posts.
I get it's a bit annoying for you, but thanks for being understanding. Good luck with your fitness journey and enjoy your holiday. :smile:

Thank you:smile:
Reply 19

Nothing to feel embarrassed about you are making positive changes. When I started on my own weight loss journey about 9months ago, I never told anyone about it and just did it. When people noticed I had such a mixed reaction from the people I know, mostly positive but some not so - I just ignored the naysayers and now even they have to admit that they were wrong to try to discourage me. Btw I am a whopping 10stone lighter than what I was.

My progress will be very slow because i’m not going to be completely cutting out junk out of my life. That would be very very boring. I’m eating less guys

Still love a little junk food myself every now and then this week alone I have already eaten 5 easter eggs and 6 cadbury's twirl bars - (3 large easter eggs and 2 small ones).

Quick Reply