The Student Room Group

BTEC Buisness studies level 2 or Gcse Design and technology

Help! i wnat to become a doctor or somethign around the medical field in the future here are the options i've picked :

mathematics
triple science
english
french
geography
Btec sport

but i cannot decide between Btec Business studies or gcse design and technology
Original post by Querene
Help! i wnat to become a doctor or somethign around the medical field in the future here are the options i've picked :

mathematics
triple science
english
french
geography
Btec sport

but i cannot decide between Btec Business studies or gcse design and technology

Wont make any difference. Do the one you enjoy and will get a good grade in.
Probs won’t make any difference to becoming a doctor, however btec business is really good for the future if you change your mind because it can help you get into many different industry’s because you’ll learn so many transferable skills. I’ve nearly finished my btec business and I’ll be honest, there are bits that are boring but if you have a good work ethic, it’s not too hard to do well
Reply 3
Original post by Tamzincovell01
Probs won’t make any difference to becoming a doctor, however btec business is really good for the future if you change your mind because it can help you get into many different industry’s because you’ll learn so many transferable skills. I’ve nearly finished my btec business and I’ll be honest, there are bits that are boring but if you have a good work ethic, it’s not too hard to do well

Thank you, i'd also like to ask, i am predicted A for both geography and history, i am really good at history but i do not enjoy it as much, but i am good but not great at geography but i sort of enjoy it but not a significant amaount which shall i pick?
Original post by Querene
Thank you, i'd also like to ask, i am predicted A for both geography and history, i am really good at history but i do not enjoy it as much, but i am good but not great at geography but i sort of enjoy it but not a significant amaount which shall i pick?

If you’re predicted an A then you must be good! Do whichever one you enjoy more because then you’ll do better in it which sounds like geography from what you’ve written. Do you have to take one because it doesn’t seem like you want to?
Reply 5
Well it’s either Rs geography and History , and I absolutely despise Rs
Reply 6
If you’re predicted an A then you must be good! Do whichever one you enjoy more because then you’ll do better in it which sounds like geography from what you’ve written. Do you have to take one because it doesn’t seem like you want to?

It’s beween Rs , geography , history and I absolutely despise Rs , The thing is with history I understand the work and I am a top aiming student my history teacher literally begs me to pick history because he says it’s unbelievable how much knowledge I have , well I mean history is pretty straight forward . But with Geography I thought I’d help me win my science like an extra booster
Original post by Querene
It’s beween Rs , geography , history and I absolutely despise Rs , The thing is with history I understand the work and I am a top aiming student my history teacher literally begs me to pick history because he says it’s unbelievable how much knowledge I have , well I mean history is pretty straight forward . But with Geography I thought I’d help me win my science like an extra booster

Geography will help you mainly with one topic of biology from what I can gather from my friends who take it so if that’s the only reason you’ll take it then I’d say it’s not worth it, you seem to find history easy and interesting so maybe that?
Reply 8
Geography will help you mainly with one topic of biology from what I can gather from my friends who take it so if that’s the only reason you’ll take it then I’d say it’s not worth it, you seem to find history easy and interesting so maybe that?

True but I’m not sure how I will manage to fit triple science, business studies , citizenship and statistics and all my other subjects revision including history , because there’s a lot of remembering and essay writing needed

Quick Reply

Latest