The Student Room Group

Francis Crick PhD applications

I'm going to apply for a PhD at FC. I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process or is considering applying? Any tips or pointers? The reputation of the institute proceeds itself so the application process is daunting!
Original post by kurtisedwards
I'm going to apply for a PhD at FC. I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process or is considering applying? Any tips or pointers? The reputation of the institute proceeds itself so the application process is daunting!

It is indeed. Make sure you have a back up plan and spend a lot of time working out exactly what the process is and how to maximise your chances.Proof read your work and get people around you to help such as advisors and other PhD students. Make contact with potential supervisors in advance and spend a lot of time researching them, the institute and the PhD experience there to make a string case for why this institute and PhD.
Original post by kurtisedwards

Hey. I am planning to apply for the PhD at FC as well. It is a bit scary and frustrating, to be honest. But I believe at the end it comes down to the personal statement and how you convey that you are the right candidate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending