The Student Room Group

Age gaps

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
When you're under 20, I would say a couple of years is OK, but not more than that. If you're older, say, in your early 20s or mid 20s, then a reasonable gap could be 3-5 years, something like that? Once you get older than that, most people don't care.

Id agree, but its also dependent on how mature you are. if youre anything like me, you'll find the company of people too close in age a bit mind-numbing and immature if the other person isn't mature (a lot of the time). but its true, a lot of under 20s aren't ready. I just knew I was when I met my guy :P
Original post by HS2030
tbh, i used to say 3 max, but then if i ever come by celebrity crushes who are admittedly older than me,i would happily expand the gap to 100 years of it so happens to be. LMAO. but generally, i think 8 years is fine as long as you're not a 16 year old.

xD I know what you mean. for me, its all about love :3
Original post by Got Milk
rolf harris is ur father

hello milk! nice to see you in my thread :P
Original post by Got Milk
rolf harris is ur father

except both of them were adults and fully consenting so your point is totally invalid
(edited 6 years ago)
id say about maximum of 3 weeks being apart.
Original post by Donnalouise99
I'm probably going to get some abuse for admitting this, but my partner was 30 years older than me. We were incredibly happy together and it was the best relationship i had (i'm in my late 30's myself). Although he was so much older he was actually fitter and healthier than me. Inevitably, we both knew he was likely to die before me, and he did - i always thought old age would get him but actually it was an aggressive brain tumour which appeared out of the blue and he was gone within 3 weeks (this happened last year). But i have no regrets and the times i spent with him were the happiest of my life. We knew each other for 8 years but lived together for 2.

so sorry for your loss :'(
Original post by ChickenMadness
so sorry for your loss :'(

well hey :biggrin:
I'm 17 and my range is like 16 - 19
18, nearly 19, and anywhere from 19 to 23 :P

edit: thats my general preferred age range xD
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by getmeoffmyphone
Respect.

I don;t know that it's worthy of respect or whatever else, but it was good fun.
Original post by gjd800
I don;t know that it's worthy of respect or whatever else, but it was good fun.

Haha I meant the fact you managed to do it
Reply 31
My parents are 24 years apart. I think it's more about stages of life, once both parties are 25+, about any age gap is acceptable.

14 & 25 for example, is a way different case than 25 & 36 yet the age difference is technically the same.
To a further extreme: 5 & 16 is already beyond creepy.
Id agree, but its also dependent on how mature you are. if youre anything like me, you'll find the company of people too close in age a bit mind-numbing and immature if the other person isn't mature (a lot of the time). but its true, a lot of under 20s aren't ready. I just knew I was when I met my guy :P

"Immature," says the girl.
i always say 10 years

sounds a lot to a lot of people but to me it sound ideal
Original post by jsk800

I’m sorry, who’s in a relationship right now? B**** please 🙄
Original post by jsk800

Get a life J, you’re saying that just because you can’t handle girls
(edited 6 years ago)
I’m sorry, who’s in a relationship right now? B**** please 🙄

Hahaha that was quick... you gave me a hand job last Saturday
Get a life J, you’re saying that just because you can’t handle girls

No, I just can't babysit
Original post by jsk800
Hahaha that was quick... you gave me a hand job last Saturday

F*** off J, you weren’t exactly doing nothing either
Original post by jsk800
No, I just can't babysit

I’m 2 weeks younger than you, what you on about boy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending