The Student Room Group

Ia there really someone for everyone?

Is there really someone for everyone? Are we all eventualy going to find our 'soulmate' sooner or later or they are all just a pure comforting thoughts?

I am 22 year old girl and I never had a bf and wherever there is a discussion about that people tell me that I will find my true love one day and I shouldn't worry, but I do.. I am afraid that maybe there isn't someone for everyone and maybe I will end up alone..

What do you guys think on this topic?
Reply 1
it all depends on how you subject yourself towards people in general. I think there is a good chance of you finding your soulmate, you just need to be open to the idea :-)
Original post by Persephona
Is there really someone for everyone? Are we all eventualy going to find our 'soulmate' sooner or later or they are all just a pure comforting thoughts?

I am 22 year old girl and I never had a bf and wherever there is a discussion about that people tell me that I will find my true love one day and I shouldn't worry, but I do.. I am afraid that maybe there isn't someone for everyone and maybe I will end up alone..

I’m 21 and same situation but I’m Muslim so I don’t think of dating however have you tried watching K-Drama you’ll be surprised how it affects future relationship! 😂😂😂

On a side note, actually I feel like you are looking too much into it which makes you anxious!. It will happen maybe today or few years down the road. Just keep yourself busy, I feel like stuff happens when people are really active in life.
Reply 3
Original post by Guinevere Arthur
I’m 21 and same situation but I’m Muslim so I don’t think of dating however have you tried watching K-Drama you’ll be surprised how it affects future relationship! 😂😂😂

On a side note, actually I feel like you are looking too much into it which makes you anxious!. It will happen maybe today or few years down the road. Just keep yourself busy, I feel like stuff happens when people are really active in life.

I have a lot of hobbies I keep myself busy all the time and most of the time people think that I don't have time for relationships when in fact I keep myself busy not to think of my loneliness but at the end of the day when I lay down at night I keep asking myself whether I am going to find my true love ever..

I go out with my friends and have fun but nothing happens. I often tell muself 'calm down you will find someone, God has someone for you too' but at times I worry that I wont :frown:
they say it will be worth the wait. So wait a little longer :smile: maybe read your horoscope too
At the risk of sounding like my mum, you’ve just got to put yourself out there.
In all honesty, it worked for me, so give it a try and don’t give up!
Life is hard. 😔
If you're female, I think it is a reasonable assumption to think you will eventually find someone without too much effort, though a lot of effort to find the right person is worth it. If you're male, you cannot sit on your laurels unless you are very happy with most other aspects of your life.

In short - female - finding the right person is hard, male - finding a person is relatively hard.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Persephona

I think it is hard too. I am 22. I have had girlfriends but nobody I have really liked. It can sometimes feel frustrating I agree and confusing too. I don't know if there is like a "soul mate" you are meant to be with. I do not believe in this idea, but I do think there are people out there that would suit us and we'd like/want to be with!
Reply 9
I think these is. So many people, most of them aspiring to good relationships. It comes down to patience and tenacity.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Maybe you won't find the right person for forever anytime soon, but there will be someone who's just right for now when it happens. Don't stress too much, I'm 20 and haven't seriously dated anyone either. I'm not discouraged though, things have a way of working out and I'm happy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending