The Student Room Group

Which Uni has closest access to entertaining football?

As it states above , which uni has closest access to entertaining football?
I'd say "University of Liverpool" (2 miles from Anfield) or "University of Manchester" (1.9 miles from Etihad Stadium)
Original post by abhinair3004
I'd say "University of Liverpool" (2 miles from Anfield) or "University of Manchester" (1.9 miles from Etihad Stadium)

Not sure how this will help you as getting tickets is very difficult and expensive. Anyway google maps is a good place to start :smile:
Reply 2

Got those distances a bit off.

And you'll find more entertaining football lower down the leagues.

NB, entertaining =/= high quality.
Original post by Drewski
Got those distances a bit off.

And you'll find more entertaining football lower down the leagues.

NB, entertaining =/= high quality.

Any Championship sides you'd recommend watching over the Prem sides?
Original post by alleycat393
Not sure how this will help you as getting tickets is very difficult and expensive. Anyway google maps is a good place to start :smile:

True , getting tickets is a pain. But, the option of watching great football in your down time is a great prospect.
Reply 5
Any Championship sides you'd recommend watching over the Prem sides?

Go lower.

Non-league. Cheaper tickets, smaller grounds, better views, more lively atmosphere.
UCFB surely?
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
UCFB surely?

"Locations include Turf Moor, Burnley FC"
They said entertaining...
Original post by Drewski
"Locations include Turf Moor, Burnley FC"
They said entertaining...

I was going for easily defined proximity to football over the difficult to define "entertaining"

:p:
Original post by PQ
I was going for easily defined proximity to football over the difficult to define "entertaining"

:p:

If we weren't going for entertaining , even Manchester United would've been in contention :biggrin:
Original post by Drewski
Go lower.

Non-league. Cheaper tickets, smaller grounds, better views, more lively atmosphere.

Like Vanarama or lower?

None - football is not 'entertaining' - top footballers are paid obscene amounts of money.
Original post by Muttley79
None - football is not 'entertaining' - top footballers are paid obscene amounts of money.

Film actors are paid more. Are films not entertaining as a result?

Poor connection.
Reply 13
Crosby Marine and Prescot Cables.
Original post by Drewski
Film actors are paid more. Are films not entertaining as a result?

Poor connection.

Most films are awful - film actors are not paid a regular wage nor do they beneift from transfer perks. Premier League footballers are paid more in a week than a Headteacher earns in a year; are they really worth that? WHy should they earn more than nurses and doctors?
Most films are awful - film actors are not paid a regular wage nor do they beneift from transfer perks. Premier League footballers are paid more in a week than a Headteacher earns in a year; are they really worth that? WHy should they earn more than nurses and doctors?

It's an irrelevant moan.

They're paid that much because they earn that much for their clubs. Because the TV industry has decided their product is worth X to their customers.

Clearly, you just don't like football, but you're using an irrational argument for this thread, and comparing apples to elbows.

Its true that footballers at the very top are paid ridiculous sums. But for every one of these players, there are hundreds or thousands of players struggling to get a contract, have a 1 year contract with the insecurity that goes with it, or are not employed.

So its a fallacy to state generally that 'footballers are paid too much' but to be fair you did specify the top level. Only thing I'd say about that is that clubs are free to offer their employees whatever they want, provided they can afford it! Basketball, Golf, American footballers all get paid huge sums and no one seems to have a problem. Football as we know it is the most popular sport in the world so its probably not a massive surprise that top level salaries reflect this.
Try one of the London unis. There's so many teams you could see. Whether they're entertaining (says me who used to see Hendon FC and Barnet play) is another matter...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending