The Student Room Group

Changing from Undergraduate to Foundation year?

I already have a conditional offer from my firm choice however after this year at A2 (studying 2 alevels, EPQ and CeFs Finance) I feel like a foundation year may be more beneficial for me? Is there anyway to change the level I have applied for?
Original post by nikitax22
I already have a conditional offer from my firm choice however after this year at A2 (studying 2 alevels, EPQ and CeFs Finance) I feel like a foundation year may be more beneficial for me? Is there anyway to change the level I have applied for?

Why do you feel like that? If you have offers the uni thinks you will be able to cope and have applied at the right level. Ring them and see what they say. They will have to change it their end on UCAS if they're happy with the change.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Why do you feel like that? If you have offers the uni thinks you will be able to cope and have applied at the right level. Ring them and see what they say. They will have to change it their end on UCAS if they're happy with the change.

I’ve struggled finding a balance this year while my personal life has spiralled school work hasn’t been a priority and now I’ve fallen behind, I’ve spoken to a friend on the subject and she’s advised against it as she believes it will come across to the University that I am trying to ‘sell them a sob story’ or ‘copping out’ so now I’m very unsure.
Original post by nikitax22
I’ve struggled finding a balance this year while my personal life has spiralled school work hasn’t been a priority and now I’ve fallen behind, I’ve spoken to a friend on the subject and she’s advised against it as she believes it will come across to the University that I am trying to ‘sell them a sob story’ or ‘copping out’ so now I’m very unsure.

I would focus on your school work and try and find that balance again. You will have situations where one or the other is not going to plan all through your life and working out coping mechanisms now is a good idea. Talk to people around you as well as that will help. Maybe talk to a school counsellor or a trusted teacher as well.

Quick Reply

Latest