The Student Room Group

Sociology in Durham or Exeter?

International student here. I got offer from these two unis and I am now really having a hardtime making my decision- I think the environment of both campuses look nice to me, but I am not sure which one is more helpful.
Any opinions? Thanks.
Original post by chessyfish
International student here. I got offer from these two unis and I am now really having a hardtime making my decision- I think the environment of both campuses look nice to me, but I am not sure which one is more helpful.
Any opinions? Thanks.

How do the courses compare? What you get out of them is more dependent on course content than uni environment.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
How do the courses compare? What you get out of them is more dependent on course content than uni environment.

that is exactly what I'm not sure about. I've checked some rankings and stats (from QS, Times, Guardian and some independent organizations), and these just grew my confusion because they are saying totally different things.
Original post by chessyfish
that is exactly what I'm not sure about. I've checked some rankings and stats (from QS, Times, Guardian and some independent organizations), and these just grew my confusion because they are saying totally different things.

Rankings mean little and are not how you compare courses. Sit down and work out exactly what the differences are in things like content and teaching methods from the websites.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Rankings mean little and are not how you compare courses. Sit down and work out exactly what the differences are in things like content and teaching methods from the websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending