The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

If my daughter doesn’t meet the initial entry requirements can her application still be considered (only applying to uni’s in Scotland)
Based on what I know, yes, but she will have to be exceptional in other areas. If she does get an offer it will likely be conditional.
Reply 2
Original post by Andyboi
Based on what I know, yes, but she will have to be exceptional in other areas. If she does get an offer it will likely be conditional.

Thanks. And also she’s the first in the family to go to uni, does this help too (I don’t mean financially, I just mean does it help with the application)
Original post by Racheal1969
Thanks. And also she’s the first in the family to go to uni, does this help too (I don’t mean financially, I just mean does it help with the application)

Whilst universities like to see applicants coming from families that haven't otherwise pursued university educations, I don't think that fact would affect their decision.
Reply 4
thanks Andy, this whole process is new to me. i know she can apply to 5 universities. am i right in saying that the each university doesn't know if she has applied to others
thanks Andy, this whole process is new to me. i know she can apply to 5 universities. am i right in saying that the each university doesn't know if she has applied to others

They only find out where else she has applied after she has chosen her firm and insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
They only find out where else she has applied after she has chosen her firm and insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excuse the ignorance but what does "firm" and "insurance" mean? I'm an intelligent woman but having not gone to university I don't know the terminology
Excuse the ignorance but what does "firm" and "insurance" mean? I'm an intelligent woman but having not gone to university I don't know the terminology

When she has all her offers back she picks her top two unis. First choice is firm and second is insurance. Maybe do some research? If you want to help your daughter it would help for you both (mainly her) to learn about the process and terminology.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by alleycat393
When she has all her offers back she picks her top two unis. First choice is firm and second is insurance. Maybe do some research? If you want to help your daughter it would help for you both (mainly her) to learn about the process and terminology.

that's exactly what i just started doing lol!!!
Reply 9
Reply 10
If my daughter doesn’t meet the initial entry requirements can her application still be considered (only applying to uni’s in Scotland)

Has she applied with her qualification grades already achieved, or are they predicted?
Reply 11
There is also later in the year which she could apply through if she doesn't get in to these choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending