The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover Advanced Apprenticeship 2018

Has anyone had any experience on the JLR advanced apprenticeship scheme or been accepted for the 2018 intake? Looking for abit more information on what to expect. Thanks.
Original post by Ricey.
Has anyone had any experience on the JLR advanced apprenticeship scheme or been accepted for the 2018 intake? Looking for abit more information on what to expect. Thanks.

Moved to Apprenticeships where you may get better responses :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ricey.

Hi,
I'm a first year on the degree scheme but I'll try to help. Your first year will be based full time at college (Warwick Trident College if you're on the Midlands scheme), and you'll attend your department for a few weeks over the year during college holidays. Although I can't speak for everyone, plant weeks in the first year are about introducing you to your job role, and you won't do any "work" as such. For the later years of the apprenticeship, you'll attend college only 1-2 days a week and will be involved with proper projects at work.

As for college, about 2/3rds of the first year is doing workshop activities (such as machining, fitting, electrics etc) and the other third is classroom work. From what I've heard from the advanced apprentices, workload isn't much of an issue as long as you are organised and don't leave assignments to the last minute.
Original post by X4NDER
Hi,
I'm a first year on the degree scheme but I'll try to help. Your first year will be based full time at college (Warwick Trident College if you're on the Midlands scheme), and you'll attend your department for a few weeks over the year during college holidays. Although I can't speak for everyone, plant weeks in the first year are about introducing you to your job role, and you won't do any "work" as such. For the later years of the apprenticeship, you'll attend college only 1-2 days a week and will be involved with proper projects at work.

As for college, about 2/3rds of the first year is doing workshop activities (such as machining, fitting, electrics etc) and the other third is classroom work. From what I've heard from the advanced apprentices, workload isn't much of an issue as long as you are organised and don't leave assignments to the last minute.

Hi, I just wanted to ask whether that was the only college, as when I had the assessment centre there were 2 others (one of which was EEF in Aston), and I was wondering how do they choose which students are allocated to which college? Is it based on how close they are or which apprenticeship they applied for? Thank you.
Reply 4
Original post by Aqeel2085
Hi, I just wanted to ask whether that was the only college, as when I had the assessment centre there were 2 others (one of which was EEF in Aston), and I was wondering how do they choose which students are allocated to which college? Is it based on how close they are or which apprenticeship they applied for? Thank you.

You're right - there are 3 colleges. The majority of apprentices are at Trident *, I think that EEF is for people who will work at Wolverhampton EMC (although there may be some exceptions). The other college is for Haleswood manufacturing.

*Forgot to mention earlier, students at Trident will briefly go to Leamington college (approx 5 minute drive from Trident, where accomodation is) for welding.
Original post by X4NDER
You're right - there are 3 colleges. The majority of apprentices are at Trident *, I think that EEF is for people who will work at Wolverhampton EMC (although there may be some exceptions). The other college is for Haleswood manufacturing.

*Forgot to mention earlier, students at Trident will briefly go to Leamington college (approx 5 minute drive from Trident, where accomodation is) for welding.

I was asking as I applied for an advanced apprenticeship in West Midlands, and from where I live EEF is the closest and most accessible. Just have to hope I'm an exception 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending