The Student Room Group

Residency Evidence Documents Issues.

I'm trying to complete my residency forms and gathering evidence to send them to confirm i have been living in the UK for 5 years. Now I have been living at the same address since March 2013, the day I moved to England. I know my dad has child benefit letters which I can send them however they only go up to June or July or last year. This is because I finished college that summer and than turned 18 and I'm in my gap year. I have to include evidence of residency up until today but the problem is since I haven't been working or doing anything I don't have anything to use. My last bank summary was till 10 November 2017 but it doesnt have any activity since i wasnt working. What should i do about the evidence up until now?
I also have letters from University of Leeds dated February 2018 but I don't think I can use this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ItsMeDario
I'm trying to complete my residency forms and gathering evidence to send them to confirm i have been living in the UK for 5 years. Now I have been living at the same address since March 2013, the day I moved to England. I know my dad has child benefit letters which I can send them however they only go up to June or July or last year. This is because I finished college that summer and than turned 18 and I'm in my gap year. I have to include evidence of residency up until today but the problem is since I haven't been working or doing anything I don't have anything to use. My last bank summary was till 10 November 2017 but it doesnt have any activity since i wasnt working. What should i do about the evidence up until now?
I also have letters from University of Leeds dated February 2018 but I don't think I can use this.

Hi ItsMeDario,

To help you better, can I ask you when is the start date of your course?

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi ItsMeDario,

To help you better, can I ask you when is the start date of your course?

Thanks Rona

I start in september 2018.
I start in september 2018.

Hi ItsMeDario,

How where you supporting yourself during the gap year? did you claim benefits or do you pay any bills, for example for a mobile phone?

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi ItsMeDario,

How where you supporting yourself during the gap year? did you claim benefits or do you pay any bills, for example for a mobile phone?

Thanks

Catherine

During my gap year I haven't been doing anything. I still live with my father. I tried applying to a few jobs but didn't get any of them. I don't have any sort of bills that I pay since I own a phone but don't have contract.
During my gap year I haven't been doing anything. I still live with my father. I tried applying to a few jobs but didn't get any of them. I don't have any sort of bills that I pay since I own a phone but don't have contract.

Hi ItsMeDario,

How did you support yourself financially?

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 6
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi ItsMeDario,

How did you support yourself financially?

Thanks

Catherine

I didn't. Whilst living with my dad bills and food were paid by him. Since I didn't have a job or money I didn't buy anything. The only time I had to buy something was train tickets and I had enough money when I helped out an elderly couple clean their garden after the bad weather and they paid me for it. Every job I've applied to either gets rejected or I don't get a response. As for benefits I didn't even know I could get those so I didn't receive any.
I didn't. Whilst living with my dad bills and food were paid by him. Since I didn't have a job or money I didn't buy anything. The only time I had to buy something was train tickets and I had enough money when I helped out an elderly couple clean their garden after the bad weather and they paid me for it. Every job I've applied to either gets rejected or I don't get a response. As for benefits I didn't even know I could get those so I didn't receive any.

Hi ItsMeDario,

As we need evidence to show your residency the only thing I can suggest is that you send in a letter explaining your circumstances and get your father to write a letter explaining that he fully supported you.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest