The Student Room Group

Bristol vs. Exeter

I am international student applying to universities for in the UK for a management or business studies course.

I am applying to st. andrews, warwick, bath and Durham

I couldn't decide on my 5th choice and was wondering what was better between Bristol and Exeter? in terms of UNI life, reputation, course etc... (and Nightlife of course)

Cheers
Reply 1
I am not at either university but live in Exeter and have visited Bristol a lot... if nightlife is what you're looking for Bristol definitely has that over Exeter, it is a far larger city and so naturally there are more bars, even though Exeter has a big nightlife for the size of the city, that is mostly down to students, and it's easy to have a really good night out there with a variety of clubs and bars, although not as much choice as Bristol. Exeter is a really good size though, it has everything you would want or need in close proximity to each other, and a lot of the city is beautiful. If you're into music, Bristol is better because the big bands seem to go as south as Bristol and then stop there. Also Bristol is more quirky, it's the home of Bansky and so there's a lot of incredible graffiti. Plus it's closer to everywhere else in the country. I've heard really good things from both Exeter and Bristol uni students, haven't heard complaints about either of them. Exeter is higher on the league tables, especially in business/management (where it is 6th in the country compared to Bristol at 12th) so would be better academically. Both have very good reputations though!
Bristol is good. But as a 5th choice, Exeter may be a better insurance. However, it appears that one can get into many universities under Clearing. Perhaps, you can check in Exeter has lots of clearing places, in which case, you can go for Bristol and then go for Exeter in Clearing should you need to. Bristol seems to have an edge over Exeter although Exeter is not to be looked down upon either.
Reply 3
Cheers for the reply!

Yea i was swinging towards exeter more, its really because i am trying to pick a university as my safe option and couldnt decide between the too.

I think i will probably visit both of them sometime soon..

Thanks again,
Reply 4
Yea dude i got offers from all of the universities and I had chosen bristol over Exeter ...
Reply 5
I think i will be firming warwick or st. andrews
and by insurance will probably be either bristol or bath. WBU??
Bristol duh. don't be plebs
No you didn't. Everyone knows that LSE rejected you, but you like to brag about turning them down. You also lie about having a Master's from Cambridge.
lmaoo you got roasted so bad on that other thread you changed your name, HAHAHA

You still telling everyone you got into LSE? Lol. Salty loser
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending