The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately, with social media and online dating so prevalent in modern society, there will never be gender equality in dating - women will always have the power over men.

There has never been a time in human history where it is so easy for women to access men. Back in the days before the internet, how would a woman get a man?

Answer: they’d have to wait and wait and wait to be approached in the real world by guys - they’d have to wait to be approached at school/uni/work/groups/bars and clubs etc.

But the reason why women aren’t going to approach us guys in today’s world is quite frankly cause they don’t need to! They get so many thirsty guys day in day out throwing themselves at them on tinder/snapchat/instagram etc.

Now add the fact they have access to so many men in their real lives at work/uni/school, women can just filter out the select guys that they’re interested in and that tick their boxes. If you don’t tick their boxes, they are likely to be rude and nasty to you since you’re not good enough for them and they have so many other options available out there to them so they’ll just look down on you.

It’s not going to change sadly - the world has changed for the worse. Social media has definitely been a huge factor in causing women to have more power over men in dating/relationships. And we all wonder why there is a rise in male mental health illness...
Original post by ANM775
Black girls hardly ever approach, they are not into gender equality, they generally want YOU to approach and have a mentality that the guy must do all the work and once even a black girl kept looking at me in a club and I could tell she wanted me to approach her [but I couldn't be bothered] and then after a while her face changed and she started giving me hostile looks......

i've only been approached by 4 black girls IRL

There are Asian and white girls that want men to do the approaching as well.
Original post by snowman77
No it's not. Skin colour plays a big role in dating. Black women get messaged the least on dating sites. https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and-attraction-2009-2014-107dcbb4f060 I imagine a very similar situation is true in the real world.

Please look at the statistics before you call me ignorant. It's not a personal attack. I don't have any problems with her skin colour, why would I? I'm explaining a possible reason she gets approached less.

When it comes to dating, people are still very prejudiced on looks. This includes skin colour.

Yes it is. You’ve made a judgement based solely on her skin colour when you don’t even know her
Original post by cherryred90s
Yes it is. You’ve made a judgement based solely on her skin colour when you don’t even know her

I think he's trying to imply "Black women look so angry and aggressive which is why men don't approach you" blah blah blah:rolleyes:
Original post by loveleest
There are Asian and white girls that want men to do the approaching as well.

never been approached by a south asian girl
been approached about 3 times by an east asian girl
lost count of the amount of white girls that approach

South Asians are the group who have the most traditional gender roles ..and the group that has approached the least

white is the group with the least traditional gender roles and the group that has approached the most.

I am seeing strong correlations between typical gender roles in a group and women's willingness to approach
Are you white?
Are you implying that because I am darker guys are more intimidated? I have a baby face and look like I won't harm a fly. Literally, lmao.

He’s saying that you don’t get approached because you’re black
He’s saying that you don’t get approached because you’re black

I know- lol wth? .... such an odd thing to say..

Original post by ANM775
never been approached by a south asian girl
been approached about 3 times by an east asian girl
lost count of the amount of white girls that approach

South Asians are the group who have the most traditional gender roles ..and the group that has approached the least

white is the group with the least traditional gender roles and the group that has approached the most.

I am seeing strong correlations between typical gender roles in a group and women's willingness to approach

Yeah, so it's only white women that approach really, so you shouldn't have singled out black women.

Yeah, so it's only white women that approach really, so you shouldn't have singled out black women.

I didn't single them out, the subject was already on black women,
and I feel they should approach more so had to comment
Original post by ANM775
Black girls hardly ever approach, they are not into gender equality, they generally want YOU to approach and have a mentality that the guy must do all the work and once even a black girl kept looking at me in a club and I could tell she wanted me to approach her [but I couldn't be bothered] and then after a while her face changed and she started giving me hostile looks......

i've only been approached by 4 black girls IRL
Yes this is what I am getting at (thank you for wording it better than I could :tongue:).

Are you white?
Are you implying that because I am darker guys are more intimidated? I have a baby face and look like I won't harm a fly. Literally, lmao.
Yes I am white. Not intimidated. People have dating preferences. Just like most women won't date a shorter man, most white men prefer not to date a black woman (that's what the statistics show anyway).

The difference is the first preference is apparently fine, the second one is "racist" and "prejudiced", even though in both cases, you are excluding people based on factors beyond their control.

What judgement? I've given cold hard statistics which show white men are less likely to initiate conversations with women outside their race. Are you trying to argue with the facts?

I think he's trying to imply "Black women look so angry and aggressive which is why men don't approach you" blah blah blah:rolleyes:
I don't know the reasons behind it, but it happens, that's all I'm saying. Just like women don't date shorter men because they can't "protect" you.
Yes this is what I am getting at (thank you for wording it better than I could :tongue:).

Yes I am white. Not intimidated. People have dating preferences. Just like most women won't date a shorter man, most white men prefer not to date a black woman (that's what the statistics show anyway).

The difference is the first preference is apparently fine, the second one is "racist" and "prejudiced", even though in both cases, you are excluding people based on factors beyond their control.

What judgement? I've given cold hard statistics which show white men are less likely to initiate conversations with women outside their race. Are you trying to argue with the facts?

I don't know the reasons behind it, but it happens, that's all I'm saying. Just like women don't date shorter men because they can't "protect" you.

Most people prefer their own race. I don't understand why you felt the need to bring that up? it's extremely odd.
Most people prefer their own race. I don't understand why you felt the need to bring that up? it's extremely odd.
Ok, so we agree on that.

The majority of this country is white. Therefore, is it not surprising you get approached less? Given that there are far more white men than black men in Britain, and we have established most people prefer their own race.
Wading back in - men are simply less useful in the reproductive sphere than women. Dating customs play these rules out.

The continuation of humanity depends on most women reproducing. It does not depend on most men reproducing.
Ok, so we agree on that.

The majority of this country is white. Therefore, is it not surprising you get approached less? Given that there are far more white men than black men in Britain, and we have established most people prefer their own race.

True, but the area that I grew up in was fairly black. 2) The city I live in now still has quite a fair amount black guys.

I mean, a white girl on here told me she approaches more than she's been approached. It's not always a skin tone thing.
Well, thats the guys fault. If it wasnt that they had such low standards, it wouldn't be so easy for women.

And why are you slut shaming?

Because being one is wrong
Original post by rockrunride
Wading back in - men are simply less useful in the reproductive sphere than women. Dating customs play these rules out.

The continuation of humanity depends on most women reproducing. It does not depend on most men reproducing.
But the women need sperm from men to reproduce. Sorry, I'm not following the reason why women are more important. :redface:
Original post by Wired_1800
Because being one is wrong

You seem jealous that women get laid "easier"....why?
You seem jealous that women get laid "easier"....why?

I am not jealous about it. I am saying that since women hold the key to sex, they need to control it better.
But the women need sperm from men to reproduce. Sorry, I'm not following the reason why women are more important. :redface:

Your average woman has physical limitations as to the amount of children she can comfortably nurture, in addition to the mother-child bond, a bond no man will ever have. Your average man does not have such physical limitations. There is not enough female capability to sate male capability, meaning fewer men are necessary for the continuation of our species, meaning said men having to compete.
(edited 6 years ago)
When people hear my British accent and still ask me where I’m originally from, I suspect that they’re expecting an answer other than London. As I said, it’s just how you interpret it. If you feel like your originally from Birmingham then fair, but I wouldn’t say that I’m originally from London

No, that's fair enough. People say things and have their own interpretations.

If we go with the literal wording then you are definitely from London, simply because of the word "you".

I understand that's me being pedantic though.

I don't live in Birmingham anymore, nor do I have a particularly Brummy accent. It's hard to tell where I come from (as in Birmingham), so when people ask me where I'm from, they usually mean Birmingham, not Jamaica.
Original post by Wired_1800
I am not jealous about it. I am saying that since women hold the key to sex, they need to control it better.

Yes you are. You seem rather jealous and bitter about it. Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending