The Student Room Group

What's the best age to be?

What is the best age to be in life, the one to make the most of and why?

Scroll to see replies

Anywhere between 18 and 21. Beginning of adulthood and the time where you can do anything before it gets more serious imo
I'd say a kid

You can have fun without worrying about things

You have no responsibilities etc.
When I was born up until 4-5. I can sleep all day, everyday and not get stressed out :smile:
Original post by Ihonestlydk
When I was born up until 4-5. I can sleep all day, everyday and not get stressed out :smile:

It's a shame the human brain only remembers very little (usually) of that age
Male - 32
Female - 22
Original post by rockrunride
Male - 32
Female - 22

Out of curiousity, why do you think the ages are different for male and female?
Reply 7
I haven’t live a full life time yet but as things stand i think 12.
Original post by SillyPig123
Out of curiousity, why do you think the ages are different for male and female?

I think it at those respective ages you hold the most capital for attracting the opposite sex.
Original post by HateOCR
I haven’t live a full life time yet but as things stand i think 12.

Tbh, if you had, I’d be questioning wtf you were doing on TSR xD
I think it at those respective ages you hold the most capital for attracting the opposite sex.
I read it's 26-28 for male and 20-22 for female. But those could be wrong. :tongue: Either way, late 20's or early 30's for male, early 20's for female.
12 years old, I can play games all day without worrying about school
Male - 32
Female - 22

Oddly specific... why?
I'm 25 and so far feel like each year is better than the one preceding it. I wouldn't wish to be younger. :smile:
Original post by TastyChicken
Oddly specific... why?

Male - age of best balance between looks, social status and earnings
Female - age of best looks
Original post by Purplemonkeys
What is the best age to be in life, the one to make the most of and why?

Studies have shown that at the age of about 18 you experience a peak in your 'satisfaction', as you continue throughout life this maximum values then declines into what many consider a 'mid-life crisis' where you reach an all-time low. The utility then rises again back to a similar peak once you have retired.
Male - age of best balance between looks, social status and earnings
Female - age of best looks

So all that matters to females is the way they look?
Original post by TastyChicken
So all that matters to females is the way they look?

Not all, but most. If you take care of the way you look as an early-20s woman, they are going to be your most confident years for sure.
Not all, but most. If you take care of the way you look as an early-20s woman, they are going to be your most confident years for sure.

Of course, satisfaction will be partly correlated to your physical and visual characteristics, but there is generally much more to life that brings happiness, so I think it is rather inaccurate for you to interpret it in that way. It implies that women only serve to visually please men (i am aware you didn't say this, it's just a thought). Anyway, this goes beyond the scope of the OP's intention so no further comments
I was definitely happiest at 18 - just started being able to go out, close group of friends, I had finished college and the next step was University so I was just excited, had probably the best birthday at 18 too so I was quite lucky in that sense too, I guess recently (besides getting a better boyfriend) I’m currently overly stressed and down but that’s because I’m final year uni and it’s just all over the place with deadlines and grades etc!

Quick Reply

Latest