The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockrunride
Your average woman has physical limitations as to the amount of children she can comfortably nurture, in addition to the mother-child bond, a bond no man will ever have. Your average man does not have such physical limitations. There is not enough female capability to sate male capability, meaning fewer men are necessary for the continuation of our species, meaning said men having to compete.
That makes sense. It explains why so many men end up not getting laid and are virgins well into their 20's or 30's. Male sex drive is much higher too.
So as a conclusive summary to this thread:

It sucks to be a guy.
Original post by snowman77
That makes sense. It explains why so many men end up not getting laid and are virgins well into their 20's or 30's. Male sex drive is much higher too.

The male is designed to have sex. The female is designed to give birth and look after their children
Original post by loveleest
True, but the area that I grew up in was fairly black. 2) The city I live in now still has quite a fair amount black guys.

I mean, a white girl on here told me she approaches more than she's been approached. It's not always a skin tone thing.
Well fair enough. I've said what I need to say on this issue. :tongue:

Do you prefer to date white or black men?
Original post by iBMRjS
The male is designed to have sex. The female is designed to give birth and look after their children

You believe in a designer?
Original post by iBMRjS
It's interesting you see this played out a lot in working class communities - the men sleep with women, move on to another woman if she gets pregnant. The women look after the babies as single mums. In a sense, less educated people act exactly the way nature intended them to. :tongue:
Yes you are. You seem rather jealous and bitter about it. Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!

Fair
Original post by iBMRjS

It sucks to be a guy.

It has always sucked to be a man.
Original post by iBMRjS

It sucks to be a guy.

In some ways it does, yes indeed, your worth on the reproductive marketplace is relatively less, therefore you are often viewed with suspicion and distrust in circumstances where you aim for intimacy.

However, and this is where I kind of align with feminism, I feel men are freer to choose their own path and live independent of potential third-party pressure. You are likely to feel safer. You are less likely to be judged by others in day-to-day life. And of course, you don't have chronic, crippling pain once a month!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
It has always sucked to be a man.

Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack but approaching is too difficult?

Well fair enough. I've said what I need to say on this issue. :tongue:

Do you prefer to date white or black men?

I've never dated so i cant answer that question tbh
It's interesting you see this played out a lot in working class communities - the men sleep with women, move on to another woman if she gets pregnant. The women look after the babies as single mums. In a sense, less educated people act exactly the way nature intended them to. :tongue:

Exactly that’s a very good point to raise. This is going to sound controversial but if a man cheats on his girlfriend then the girlfriend should be more lenient than if it was the other way around with the girlfriend cheating.

Men are promiscuous by nature, it is unnatural for a woman to want to sleep around with loads of guys, but western culture encouraging this extensively.

I guess the debate is should we go with what nature has intended us to do or should we trust modern pop culture and these social constructs forced upon us?
Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack but approaching is too difficult?

For the guys you wished approach you, have they mainly been black or white?

We’re not saying it’s worse being a man than a woman, we’re saying that in the dating/relationship culture in modern society the odds are stacked against men far more than women. Yes men should approach women since men are designed to approach women, but more women than ever before are rejecting men because women have access to so many men with social media/dating sites. There are so many thirsty guys out there and competition amongst men has never been tougher to get women. Women can pick and choose who they want so easily.

Whereas 30 years ago if you wanted a man the only way you’d be able to get one is if you waited for someone to approach - chances are you’d be off with him since men were nowhere as accessible to women as they are today
For the guys you wished approach you, have they mainly been black or white?

Idk, um black, maybe. I lived in an area in London where I was exposed to more black men, than white men. It wasn't until uni I was around white guys.
Original post by iBMRjS
We’re not saying it’s worse being a man than a woman, we’re saying that in the dating/relationship culture in modern society the odds are stacked against men far more than women. Yes men should approach women since men are designed to approach women, but more women than ever before are rejecting men because women have access to so many men with social media/dating sites. There are so many thirsty guys out there and competition amongst men has never been tougher to get women. Women can pick and choose who they want so easily.

Whereas 30 years ago if you wanted a man the only way you’d be able to get one is if you waited for someone to approach - chances are you’d be off with him since men were nowhere as accessible to women as they are today

I most definately dont find dating easy. This is a misconception...
Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!

You're just full of oxymorons and contradictions aren't you? Surely doing what you want with your body is being in control? No?
Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack

I know where you got that from :sly: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5226204 and the article says period pain can be as painful as a heart attack, but not always. In addition, heart attack pain varies widely, so that claim isn't all that useful to measure how painful periods are anyway.

but approaching is too difficult?

You seem to find it too difficult :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dheorl
You're just full of oxymorons and contradictions aren't you? Surely doing what you want with your body is being in control? No?

Yes, but he meant it in a way that women shouldn't sleep around. Women can do whatever we want :smile:
I most definately dont find dating easy. This is a misconception...

If you put up a thread in the student room saying you are a women looking to date a guy, and you’d take any offers you could end up with tens and maybe hundreds of guys throwing themselves at you without even getting to know you as a person or seeing what you look like. It’s then up to you to filter through who you want.

In essence you may not find dating easy, but you cannot deny it’s very very very easy to access men if you really wanted to; it’s nowhere near as easy for men to do likewise
Original post by k.n.h.
I know where you got that from :sly: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5226204 and the article says period pain can be as painful as a heart attack, but not always. In addition, heart attack pain varies widely, so that claim isn't all that useful to measure how painful periods are anyway.

You seem to find it too difficult :lol:

I know women that have fainted from period pains.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes, but he meant it in a way that women shouldn't sleep around. Women can do whatever we want :smile:

Sounded to me like he was just suggesting that you have the opportunity to be more discerning, and you should take it, instead of just waiting for whatever thirsty frat-boy to approach you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending