The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth Form College

Hey, did anyone else get an invite to the admissions seminar next week? What do you think will happen in it?
Original post by THEgurlxo
Hey, did anyone else get an invite to the admissions seminar next week? What do you think will happen in it?

Yeah, I got an email a couple days ago and I am not too sure on what it entails.
I think we have the opportunity to ask SLT about the college and its courses.
Reply 2
If we didnt get the email, does it mean we wont get a place?
Original post by King01
If we didnt get the email, does it mean we wont get a place?

The email says that not all applicants get an invite to the seminar but it doesn't affect the final decisions at the end of March. The college takes in 500 students per year and I think only about a 100/200 get an email.
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply. Do you know when the deadline for the schools to return the reference form back to the college was? Im unsure if my school sent my old or new predicted grades as i received the new ones on the 8th of march and they are much better than the old ones
Original post by King01
Thanks for the reply. Do you know when the deadline for the schools to return the reference form back to the college was? Im unsure if my school sent my old or new predicted grades as i received the new ones on the 8th of march and they are much better than the old ones

The original deadline was 28th Feb but my friend missed that one and she got an email that said the deadline was extended until the 7th of Mrach.
Reply 6
I see. I just doubled checked and i received my new mock results along with new predicted grades on the 7th of march. I really hope my school sent the new ones as my old ones were terrible :frown:
Good luck with your application!
You too!
Reply 8
Hey
how was the seminar? Did they say anything useful regarding places? @sweetcreate
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey, it wasn't really that important.

They spoke to us about the benefits of coming to a college and a little but about the trips, extra-cirricular and courses they offer - pretty much everything on their website.

They also said that this the order of preference for spaces:
1) Partner School Students
2) Catholics
3) Christians
4) Other faiths.

Generally, about 50% who get places are Catholic students and students from partner schools while the other half are students with other faiths.
Also mentioned that we will find out if we get an conditional offer by the end of this month.
Reply 10
Oh i see. If we don’t get a conditional offer at the end of the month does it mean theres no chance anymore of getting a place?
Not sure about that. I think you can call up on results day?

Maybe check their website or send in an email to make sure though.
Original post by sweetcreate
Hey, it wasn't really that important.

They spoke to us about the benefits of coming to a college and a little but about the trips, extra-cirricular and courses they offer - pretty much everything on their website.

They also said that this the order of preference for spaces:
1) Partner School Students
2) Catholics
3) Christians
4) Other faiths.

Generally, about 50% who get places are Catholic students and students from partner schools while the other half are students with other faiths.
Also mentioned that we will find out if we get an conditional offer by the end of this month.

i went today too!!!!
tbhhh even if i do get an offer idk whether to go or not, kind of want to stay at the school im at now
Reply 13
@sweetcreate sure ill email them and ask and let you know if they reply. Also, is it true that you have to do 4 A Levels at st doms instead of just 3 like most schools?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by sweetcreate
Not sure about that. I think you can call up on results day?

Maybe check their website or send in an email to make sure though.

sure ill email them and ask and let you know if they reply. Also, is it true that you have to do 4 A Levels at st doms instead of just 3 like most schools?
They said that from this year, you can drop to 3 a levels if you’d prefer. You don’t have to do 4 for both years but I think it’s best if you choose 4 at first so you can experience which ones you like the most. But yeah, 4 or 3 is fine by them

Quick Reply

Latest