The Student Room Group

IGCSE March 2018 results

I am waiting on my results which is due on the 8th March. I took IGCSE English and Maths feeling nervous for my Maths result.Anyone took these in January?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I took them as well. The 3H paper was tough but the 4H was a piece of cake, so I really don't know what to expect either.
Reply 2
Heyy.....so I'm kind of jittery because I'm waiting on six results to come out tomorrow: maths, english A, biology, human biology, chemistry and physics. Worst part is the teachers already got it and I'm gonna have to look at their faces when I walk in tomorrow, those are some cunning people and could lead me on...
Reply 3
Good luck tomorrow both of you think I may have failed Maths but we will see 😫
Reply 4
Hey I just got my results:
Biology B
Chemistry A
English Language A*
Maths A*

What did you get?
I got an a* as well and I’m 13
You should be fine
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Congratulations! I’m a bit gutted I passed maths but my biggest nightmare is English I was on for an A* and I got a C 1 Mark off a B getting it remarked 😭
Well done though 👍
Reply 7
Well as long as you can get into your choice of college and/or uni, it shouldn't matter that much. What are you planning to do?
Reply 8
That’s true I was just expecting a decent grade for English. I want to study Occupational therapy! how about you?
Reply 9
That's cool. I feel a bit of the same about biology as I was only 3 marks off an A. Then again, I don't really need it to study Mechanical engineering. So I'm taking physics and 3 easy ones in May/June.
Ohkk....so I'm elated because I have A*s in all my subjects:smile: Congratz to you guys too and hope those of you getting 'em remarked get better grades!
Reply 11
Thank you fingers crossed!
Oh wow that’s fantastic well done!
Original post by I'm Panicking
I got an a* as well and I’m 13
You should be fine

Congratulations! I got an A* too, but it is written Resit on my result. I don.t understand why as this is my first attempt. What about you?
Original post by 2018Amber
Thank you fingers crossed!
Oh wow that’s fantastic well done!

Thankyou! Bet you're gonna get some satisfactory results as well.
@Felicie for the sciences did you take the CIE exam board? If so please give me tips on the science as I will be sitting them soon :frown:
Original post by Reversed Flash
@Felicie for the sciences did you take the CIE exam board? If so please give me tips on the science as I will be sitting them soon :frown:

I'm sorry but but I'm no use here:frown: I took edexcel sciences
Original post by Felicie
I'm sorry but but I'm no use here:frown: I took edexcel sciences

Oh thanks for replying :smile:. Congratz on your amazing results!
Oh thanks for replying :smile:. Congratz on your amazing results!

Thankyou so much.I've written only seven subjects though, is that below the normal number of subjects you take in Igcse? Oh and not sure if this will apply to CIE as well but past papers helped a lot with the sciences for me.
Original post by Felicie
Thank you so much.I've written only seven subjects though, is that below the normal number of subjects you take in Igcse? Oh and not sure if this will apply to CIE as well but past papers helped a lot with the sciences for me.

I am taking a series of IGCSE and GCSE's as my school are a bit weird with exam boards. In total, I will be writing 10 GCSE/IGCSE's. With IGCSE I believe you can take as many as you want. If you are looking to go to an English university the minimum is 5.
I am taking a series of IGCSE and GCSE's as my school are a bit weird with exam boards. In total, I will be writing 10 GCSE/IGCSE's. With IGCSE I believe you can take as many as you want. If you are looking to go to an English university the minimum is 5.

Well then that's enough I guess. My school's relatively new to IGCSE, so they're increasing the number of subjects gradually with each batch sitting boards. I was just worried since I had the impression that people generally have 10-12 gcses/igcses and I would fall short.

Quick Reply

Latest