The Student Room Group

Can you make two applications on UCAS

There is no policy on the UCAS website saying that I can't so by law they cannot do anything, if I give a different reference number, and choose five different universities, and a different personal statement, do you think it's gonna be a problem, seeing as I wanted to change a couple of my choices through substitute but I waited too long, and another of my choice declined me because I passed there deadline and wrongfully submitted, silly me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Efron
There is no policy on the UCAS website saying that I can't so by law they cannot do anything, if I give a different reference number, and choose five different universities, and a different personal statement, do you think it's gonna be a problem, seeing as I wanted to change a couple of my choices through substitute but I waited too long, and another of my choice declined me because I passed there deadline and wrongfully submitted, silly me.

UCAS will recognise a duplicate application and withdraw it.

If you want to apply elsewhere you can use Extra or Clearing.
Original post by Efron

You're planning to apply independently of your school, and with different referees? And a different identity?
Reply 3
Original post by Greatleysteg
You're planning to apply independently of your school, and with different referees? And a different identity?

My previous account was for foundation courses with no qualifications, but now I'm studying a qualification and give a new referee, I submited independently but I may submit with my college now, is that possible.
Reply 4
Original post by Efron
My previous account was for foundation courses with no qualifications, but now I'm studying a qualification and give a new referee, I submited independently but I may submit with my college now, is that possible.

They will be able to tell by your personal details. You can only submit one application per cycle. You've been told this
Original post by Efron

No, you can't. Your personal details will still all be the same, and UCAS will spot a duplicate application.

If you are taking a new qualification, you should be able to add that to your application. You can also use Extra and Clearing to apply to different courses, but you won't be able to change your PS or your referee.

I can't really think of any qualifications that can be completed in less than 6 months that would make a huge difference to your chances of getting a uni place anyway.
Reply 6
Original post by SarcAndSpark
No, you can't. Your personal details will still all be the same, and UCAS will spot a duplicate application.

If you are taking a new qualification, you should be able to add that to your application. You can also use Extra and Clearing to apply to different courses, but you won't be able to change your PS or your referee.

I can't really think of any qualifications that can be completed in less than 6 months that would make a huge difference to your chances of getting a uni place anyway.

A six month intensive access course in law, is the qualification in law.
Reply 7
Original post by Efron

Did you apply to 5 courses? If not you can add more choices in Track.

Have you received any decisions yet?

You also ultimately have the option of Extra and then Clearing with the one account you are allowed to have.

Note. You should notify UCAS and your universities to add the AccessHE course to your (one and only) application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Efron

Tell me - and indeed all of us - what makes you think you're so entitled to special treatment?

Since joining TSR, you have posted...

1) A thread in which you tried to insist that if you get their grades, one of your five unis has to accept you. (They don't.)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5228682

2) A thread in which you tried to insist that a Law Master's gets you out of taking the BPTC. (It doesn't.)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5227490

3) A thread in which you have tried to get advice on how to get round Durham's decision to class you as an international student. (Durham are correct.)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5239770

4) This thread, in which you are trying to get round Ucas regulations, partly because you messed up. (This makes you a cheat.)

Throughout this time, you have seemed incapable of doing even the most basic research or of understanding other people's points. Instead, you seem inclined to spend all your energy trying to weasel your way round regulations put in place for very good reasons.

And all this in pursuit of a career in law...
Reply 9
Original post by Doonesbury
Did you apply to 5 courses? If not you can add more choices in Track.

Have you received any decisions yet?

You also ultimately have the option of Extra and then Clearing with the one account you are allowed to have.

You can notify UCAS and your universities if you want to add the AccessHE course to your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 5 choices, and I got 2 negative reply because I accidentally past their deadline to apply, I have added the access to higher education. How can I do this in clearing, do I need all courses to give me a reply before I can add an option through clearing.
Reply 10
Original post by Efron
I have 5 choices, and I got 2 negative reply because I accidentally past their deadline to apply, I have added the access to higher education. How can I do this in clearing, do I need all courses to give me a reply before I can add an option through clearing.

Clearing doesn't open until July:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-learn-how-clearing-works

Extra is open now:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices

Did you also tell your universities that you are now doing the AccessHE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Yes I changed it on my application my phoning ucas, but extra is not acceptable unless you get a reply from all 5 options?
Reply 12
Original post by Efron
Yes I changed it on my application my phoning ucas, but extra is not acceptable unless you get a reply from all 5 options?

You still need to notify each of your universities.

Extra is available if you reject all your offers, or withdraw your applications.
Reply 13
Original post by Doonesbury
You still need to notify each of your universities.

Extra is available if you reject all your offers, or withdraw your applications.

If I withdraw one of my options right now can I then do extra?
Reply 14
Original post by Efron
If I withdraw one of my options right now can I then do extra?

All, not just one.
(edited 6 years ago)
Although if we believe we OP has made a recent application they may be able to substitute choices under the 14 day rule:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

(see the University or College section).
Original post by Indigo&Violet
Although if we believe we OP has made a recent application they may be able to substitute choices under the 14 day rule:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

(see the University or College section).

The first post says he has waited too long to substitute.
Reply 17
Original post by PQ

Yeah I past the 14 day mark, as I did it in early February.
Original post by PQ

You are entirely correct, my apologies. I was thinking back to when he said he wasn't going to apply this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending