The Student Room Group

English Lit AQA Power and Conflict Anthology Help

So I understand most of the poems in the anthology, but I cannot understand some of them such as Charge of the Light Brigade, London, Tissue and The Prelude. I would love to get some notes/analysis on these poems as we haven't studied them in detail, and if they come in the real exam I wanna be sure that I have at least something decent to write about them. I would also love it if you could tell me which poems compare really well. Oh and we just did a walkthrough mock (where our teacher tells us how to structure and basically what to do and then we answer the question in exam questions) of Literature Paper 2 (excluding An Inspector Calls), and I really struggled on answering Section B. Mainly because I had so much to write and so little time. The question was a bit confusing, it was along the lines of 'Compare the ways the poets present tension in 'My Last Duchess' and one other poem?', the word 'tension' baffled me, I ended up talking a lot about power/powerlessness of the Duke and the King (Ozymandias), which I thought wasn't actually answering the question, oh and also I was only able to write up around 2 long paragraphs. Section C on the other hand was quite easy, it had 'Winter Swan' and 'I carry your heart'
Original post by Aseeb Tariq
So I understand most of the poems in the anthology, but I cannot understand some of them such as Charge of the Light Brigade, London, Tissue and The Prelude. I would love to get some notes/analysis on these poems as we haven't studied them in detail, and if they come in the real exam I wanna be sure that I have at least something decent to write about them. I would also love it if you could tell me which poems compare really well. Oh and we just did a walkthrough mock (where our teacher tells us how to structure and basically what to do and then we answer the question in exam questions) of Literature Paper 2 (excluding An Inspector Calls), and I really struggled on answering Section B. Mainly because I had so much to write and so little time. The question was a bit confusing, it was along the lines of 'Compare the ways the poets present tension in 'My Last Duchess' and one other poem?', the word 'tension' baffled me, I ended up talking a lot about power/powerlessness of the Duke and the King (Ozymandias), which I thought wasn't actually answering the question, oh and also I was only able to write up around 2 long paragraphs. Section C on the other hand was quite easy, it had 'Winter Swan' and 'I carry your heart'

[video="youtube;wJf5MGLEoiQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJf5MGLEoiQ[/video]
Original post by Aseeb Tariq

Power and conflict all reviewed here.
[video="youtube;T9h_csKEwxg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9h_csKEwxg&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAO64lBHZTFwTz2X0DD_Cxk[/video]
Reply 3
I got a 9 in lit by looking at all of mr Bruffs videos on YouTube - there are lots of videos of teachers analysing each poem in a lot of detail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending