The Student Room Group

Why does my mum do this?

So I’m 16, and my sister is 22. When she was my age, she was allowed a double bed, allowed to wear low cut tops etc and boyfriends. However, my mum won’t let me get a double bed, when literally every single one of my friends has one and I’m not even lying, and she won’t let me wear low cut tops. Also my sister failed pretty much everything but still managed to go to uni and get a degree, yet she’s very pushy on me to revise all the time. How is this even fair? It’s normally the first child the mother is extremely strict on and then after that they are more lenient. However with me she is getting stricter by the day!! How can I change this? Would anything I say to her change this or just cause an argument?
I'm so sorry I don't really know what to advise in this situation, I am the eldest child and I'm the one where everything is being tested on to see if it's effective and would work for the rest of my siblings 🤷🏽*♀️ good luck though!!
I heard the second child is the most hated one 😂😂
Reply 3
are you a boy or girl?
Maybe your mum is unhappy with how your sister turned out? :dontknow:
I think quite often parents will let older children get away with stuff and then stop younger ones because they've learned from past mistakes,
I can't comment too much because my sister feels I got away with stuff she never did but I think my mum was strict
So maybe it's a perspective thing?
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m 16, and my sister is 22. When she was my age, she was allowed a double bed, allowed to wear low cut tops etc and boyfriends. However, my mum won’t let me get a double bed, when literally every single one of my friends has one and I’m not even lying, and she won’t let me wear low cut tops. Also my sister failed pretty much everything but still managed to go to uni and get a degree, yet she’s very pushy on me to revise all the time. How is this even fair? It’s normally the first child the mother is extremely strict on and then after that they are more lenient. However with me she is getting stricter by the day!! How can I change this? Would anything I say to her change this or just cause an argument?

im also 16 and idk even have a double bed
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I heard the second child is the most hated one 😂😂

I’m the fourth, and she’s the second
Reply 8
Original post by Maker
are you a boy or girl?

Girl, why would a boy want to wear low cut tops haha
Reply 9
Original post by Sabertooth
Maybe your mum is unhappy with how your sister turned out? :dontknow:

Well I’m not sure about that, but why would that stop her from letting me where low cut tops and getting a double bed etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending