The Student Room Group

cant stop thinking about this girl

theres this girl that rejected me and I really really like her, I know i will never go out with her but im thinking about her all day? I look forward to going to sleep because I just dream about her being with me and her liking me. I think about her all day at school and when ill get to talk to her. how do i get over this girl and stop it taking over me? I get no sleep because all i can think about is her. thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
So, divert this angst instead in to positive things, finding another girl who is up for it, a new hobby, work, getting fit. Anything is better than wasting time mooning over someone who has blown you out. In hindsight this time is never seen as worthwhile nor the pain as credible as at the time. Plus there is a multitude of adorable girls in the world. Trust me I speak from experience.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Literally the saddest thing I've read this week on this sub-forum. If you're this obsessive than you do not only worry me, but you're perhaps dangerous to yourself and others.
Original post by Clutch A
Literally the saddest thing I've read this week on this sub-forum. If you're this obsessive than you do not only worry me, but you're perhaps dangerous to yourself and others.

Woah, you need to calm down, just because they're obsessed and keep thinking about them doesn't mean they're going to take action and do something to her or others. Some if it is natural, it may sound strange but sometimes it is hard to control or forget no matter how hard you try.
Reply 5
Original post by Clutch A

i take it youve never fallen in love?
Original post by Anonymous
theres this girl that rejected me and I really really like her, I know i will never go out with her but im thinking about her all day? I look forward to going to sleep because I just dream about her being with me and her liking me. I think about her all day at school and when ill get to talk to her. how do i get over this girl and stop it taking over me? I get no sleep because all i can think about is her. thanks

It is hard to and will be hard to forget but don't try to think of her yourself, it is hard when you naturally think of her but don't maker yourself think of her, try to keep occupied and don't think of anything or think about something else before sleeping.
Reply 7
i take it youve never fallen in love?

Only this isn't love, it's limerence and it's very unhealthy.
The problem is that your life lacks substance, do you work in retail?
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Only this isn't love, it's limerence and it's very unhealthy.

well it is, limerence is infatuated love, are you saying you can only fall in love with someone if they love you?

@cat_mac gave me advice last week as I had a similar problem. I followed her advice and it worked. when you start thinking of her, make an effort to think about something else. and don't look at her social media because that will make you think of her.
im confused as to what you mean sorry

Original post by AwesomeGeniusxxx
The problem is that your life lacks substance, do you work in retail?

umm do you mean like a retail shop i dont understand, i dont work im at school
well it is, limerence is infatuated love, are you saying you can only fall in love with someone if they love you?

How can you fall in love with her when you don't know her properly? (I'm assuming you don't know her that well!) And ofc you can, only that's very unlucky... And it's sounds like you're infatuated, not in love! When you really are in love, it'll be different, trust me
Original post by sunshine774
How can you fall in love with her when you don't know her properly? (I'm assuming you don't know her that well!) And ofc you can, only that's very unlucky... And it's sounds like you're infatuated, not in love! When you really are in love, it'll be different, trust me

ive known this girl for 5 years and I take the train with her for an hour every morning and evening, one of the reasons i like her so much is because i spend so long with her every day
Reply 14

I'm saying what you're describing isn't love.

You are obsessing over the idea of her being with you even after rejection, this is an unhealthy mindset.

Do you have a part time job or a hobby at all?
ive known this girl for 5 years and I take the train with her for an hour every morning and evening, one of the reasons i like her so much is because i spend so long with her every day

Ah, ok. Can you not slowly start distancing yourself from her by spending time with other friends? It may help you stop thinking about her so much :smile:
Original post by UWS
I'm saying what you're describing isn't love.

You are obsessing over the idea of her being with you even after rejection, this is an unhealthy mindset.

well i know its not good, thats why im trying to get help on how to stop being obssessed with her

Original post by Radioactivedecay
Do you have a part time job or a hobby at all?

I work at a corner shop sometimes and i play tennis frequently, why you ask?
Original post by sunshine774
Ah, ok. Can you not slowly start distancing yourself from her by spending time with other friends? It may help you stop thinking about her so much :smile:

yea thatll be good, we said we can stay as friends so im still getting the train with her atm do you think thats a good idea?
My guy, I’ve been in this situation before and let me tell you now, it won’t be easy to get over. First you need to distance yourself away from her. Next try to make a goal for yourself that you will work towards and focus on instead her. Next avoid sad music. Don’t ask why, just trust me on that😅 Work towards that goal , hang out with friends more, and most importantly talk to them about your feelings. Let them out little by little to someone as they help you to get over her. And remember, there’s someone else for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending