The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
I know women that have fainted from heart attacks.

I don't deny this can happen, I just outlined that the pain of heart attacks vary, and are not an accurate indicator of pain. Not all women who have heart attacks faint, do they?
Original post by k.n.h.
I don't deny this can happen, I just outlined that the pain of heart attacks vary, and are not an accurate indicator of pain. Not all women who have heart attacks faint, do they?

I made a mistake. I meant from period pains, not heart attacks/
I know women that have fainted from period pains.

I know people that have fainted from paper cuts.
Original post by EpicBrum
I know people that have fainted from paper cuts.

ok
I made a mistake. I meant from period pains, not heart attacks/

Ok. I could still make a similar case to this. I don't refuse that this can happen, but period pains vary not only among people, but among months, and they all depend on diet, level of stress, general health. So it would be inaccurate to say 'Women get period pains as painful as heart attacks', as if all women get period pains 'as painful as heart attacks' to combat what another user said about all women. Just saying, don't want to stretch this petty issue out too much
Yes you are. You seem rather jealous and bitter about it. Women do not have to control anything- We do what we want with our bodies. Thanks!

He worded it wrong

He meant women are the gatekeepers of sex
Just to make something clear. Feminsm has and always will be a movement for the equality of the sexes. One thing you must be aware of is that feminism is for everyone, including people around the world. So while the gender pay gap may not be a thing where you live or based on what people have told you, but it is a very real reality for many women in countries around the world, where they do not enjoy the systems and laws we have in modern day countries. That is not to say that people who do not experience this cannot be feminists, they can empasthise and understand that regardless of whether they are directly affected, that it is an extremely immoral practice. Just to re-iterate, we simply want equality. Now onto your points.-You are not entitled to ask any woman out, but the matter of the fact is, if they are not asking themselves, then the only way to open up a conversation about a possible date is to simply ask. In life rejection is inevitable. This beilef that only men can ask a girl out is absurd and is perpetuated by both men and women, and anyone that beileves so is certainly not a feminist.-The first date should be paid by whoever asks the person out. You asked for their time, therefore for a first time date it is a courtesy to pay, but definately not a requirement. That is up to the two indivduals, and there is no law stating that the guy should pay, and rightly so.-Once again, society has dictated that guys should propose. It is not something you must follow, but once again, these kind of societal expectations were created by both men and women. - Be manly/dominant, unfortunately this awful expectation is largely perpetuated by men, particularly fathers, uncles, ect. Women certainly also patricipate, but if we agree on anything, toxic masculinity is extremely harmful and dangerous .Some women do want equality in the workplace but not in dating I agree, but this is certainly not a large proportion of women and they are NOT FEMINISTS. A large problem is believing people. You now know that femism is for equality, so you can then discern that if someone calls themselves a feminist, but do not express views reflective of equality. that they are not a real feminist. Its just like if a a man claiming to be christian murders someone. You would know immediately that he is not actually a christian, as murder goes against all that is fundementally christian. The same can be done for feminism and any other movement, to avoid spreading misinformation. At the end of the day, feminism is a movement, not a superhero, while we would love to, there is so much we simply cannot change, we did not create these laws, and it is extremely difficult to change the opinions and beilefs of 7 billion people, especially when these ideas are so deeply ingrained in our society. Hope I cleared a few things up xx
Original post by ANM775
He worded it wrong

He meant women are the gatekeepers of sex

He is always policing what women should do with their sex lives, it's ridiculous
Women get period pains as painful as a heart attack but approaching is too difficult?

Kicking a man on his testicles can kill him.
He is always policing what women should do with their sex lives, it's ridiculous

Who?
Original post by Wired_1800
Who?

You
Kicking a man on his testicles can kill him.

Kicking a person anywhere can kill anyone. Women have no choice for periods.
You

Kicking a person anywhere can kill anyone. Women have no choice for periods.

I don't demand, I encourage. Being a who.re is not a good thing. Society has now normalised these sorts of behaviour but don't point out the risks associated with them.

For example, the drinking culture has gone so overboard that women get obscenely drunk that they become victims of violence, assault or even death.

The dating culture is no longer about finding a great person and building the life with them. However, it is now about how many people you can get through in a pretty short time.

The sad fact about this issue is that women suffer in the end, then shout foul play. Some women do not realise that they have a very short reproductive span. Men are capable of reproducing to their old age.

The amount of physical, emotional, psychological and personal issues that modern women have, from trying to compete against men is insane.

I was on a train journey once where a young woman just broke down in tears. She told the woman next to her how the man she gave everything broke up with her to marry another woman.

What we get in this pseudo-liberal society is some women making many mistakes then regretting in the end. This creates bitterness, which is shared around the female community. You hear stuff like “men are rubbish” or “men are creeps” or whatever. They then blame the man for playing the game that is inherently biased against them.

My advice to women is to calm down and look for a nice guy to settle down with. If they are lucky to find one, they should get married, build a family and be happy. They should stay away from feminism, girl power and other idiotic movements. Most of those people are bitter and lonely people who want to drag the world to their level.
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't demand, I encourage. Being a who.re is not a good thing. Society has now normalised these sorts of behaviour but don't point out the risks associated with them.

For example, the drinking culture has gone so overboard that women get obscenely drunk that they become victims of violence, assault or even death.

The dating culture is no longer about finding a great person and building the life with them. However, it is now about how many people you can get through in a pretty short time.

The sad fact about this issue is that women suffer in the end, then shout foul play. Some women do not realise that they have a very short reproductive span. Men are capable of reproducing to their old age.

The amount of physical, emotional, psychological and personal issues that modern women have, from trying to compete against men is insane.

I was on a train journey once where a young woman just broke down in tears. She told the woman next to her how the man she gave everything broke up with her to marry another woman.

What we get in this pseudo-liberal society is some women making many mistakes then regretting in the end. This creates bitterness, which is shared around the female community. You hear stuff like “men are rubbish” or “men are creeps” or whatever. They then blame the man for playing the game that is inherently biased against them.

My advice to women is to calm down and look for a nice guy to settle down with. If they are lucky to find one, they should get married, build a family and be happy. They should stay away from feminism, girl power and other idiotic movements. Most of those people are bitter and lonely people who want to drag the world to their level.

wow. This post really did reveal who you really are. It's sad. Talking about equality but calling women whores?? is this a joke? yh equality right there, 100%. You sound like a bitter, lame man that's angry and throwing a tantrum because you are jealous women have it 'easier' in dating and getting laid. I dont even want to get into the rest...
It is easy for a girl to have sex but hard for a guy. Have you heard of a fat stud but there are loads of fat sl*ts.

Women need to understand this and have some control.

Surely women already have control, if men have a hard time getting laid? Maybe if men had some control and didn’t stick their d*ck into anything that moves then women would more of a challenge.

All you have to do is walk into a club and exist, if you just want to get laid as a woman. Men act like they have 0 control over what their d*ck commands them to do, until you can control sexual urges then women don’t even need to try. If anyone needs to control themselves, it’s men.
wow. This post really did reveal who you really are. It's sad. Talking about equality but calling women whores?? is this a joke? yh equality right there, 100%. You sound like a bitter, lame man that's angry and throwing a tantrum because you are jealous women have it 'easier' in dating and getting laid. I dont even want to get into the rest...

Um you do realise you've like contradicted yourself several times yet you're sitting here throwing insults and you're calling him bitter...

Ok.
Original post by trapking
Um you do realise you've like contradicted yourself several times yet you're sitting here throwing insults and you're calling him bitter...

Ok.

What contradictions have I made...
What contradictions have I made...

You did not read the whole post
Original post by cat_mac
Surely women already have control, if men have a hard time getting laid? Maybe if men had some control and didn’t stick their d*ck into anything that moves then women would more of a challenge.

All you have to do is walk into a club and exist, if you just want to get laid as a woman. Men act like they have 0 control over what their d*ck commands them to do, until you can control sexual urges then women don’t even need to try. If anyone needs to control themselves, it’s men.

I agree that some men lack control, but this topic and thread is focused on women
Original post by iBMRjS
Exactly that’s a very good point to raise. This is going to sound controversial but if a man cheats on his girlfriend then the girlfriend should be more lenient than if it was the other way around with the girlfriend cheating.

Men are promiscuous by nature, it is unnatural for a woman to want to sleep around with loads of guys, but western culture encouraging this extensively.

I guess the debate is should we go with what nature has intended us to do or should we trust modern pop culture and these social constructs forced upon us?

So men should be allowed to cheat? Very conflicting messages from #notallmen and then saying men can’t control their sexual urges, or (as suggested earlier in the thread) men can’t focus in a work environment with a beautiful women, or teenage boys (suggested by many schools) can’t focus when girls shoulders or legs are visible.

Are men in control of their actions, or savages that need to be kept away from women because they can’t control their urges?

Also food for thought: if you can’t keep it in your pants don’t get into monogamous relationships. Really simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending